Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's the food at your school?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatApe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The school I work at is pretty good. The Head Cook is from Sichuan, so the food gets a little bit spicy sometimes, but that's the way I like it.

Occasionally the food choices get a bit dull and repetitive, but our school has over 4,000 students so there's usually a decent variety of dishes.

One thing I really like is that our school policy has changed this year. Now the school adds the 200 RMB food stipend to our paychecks and if we want to add it to our meal cards then we can. If not, we have an extra 200 RMB to spend!

This is great because my girlfriend just moved in with me and she loves to cook. She cooks for us most of the time, but if she gets tired or is too busy, then I can go to the canteen and get dinner for both of us, or cook myself.

--GA
GMark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my last 'university', the food was awful, and possibly a long term health risk. Most of students who ate at the canteen had the worst acne I've ever seen. I ate there myself for a while, and only realised the risks when I started to develop acne myself. I believe it's related to the recycled oil they use to keep costs down.

Also, the sewer at the back of the kitched often overflowed; that's the area where the kitchen staff prepared food and took their breaks. The toilet next to the canten (used by the staff) was pretty much a sewer too.

I could also mention the stray dogs scavenging for food in the canteen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: