Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing Employers from Public to Private Uni

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zixie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Changing Employers from Public to Private Uni Reply with quote

I'm hoping someone here might know how to deal with this situation:

A couple of months ago I got a work visa for a job at a public Colombian university.
Last week I quit my job as I was offered (and accepted) a much better position at a private university.

I know I need to change my visa.
The question I have is...what does this entail?

The documents I had to bring to the Consulado for the public uni job were fairly simple as the public unis have an agreement with the government and they get a streamlined process.

I don't think the private universities have the same deal. Can I just go in with my new contract and change employers on my visa? Or will I have to start from scratch? Can I do it in Bogota or do I have to go to a Consulado outside the country? Can I do it online?

Has anyone done this? Any ideas?
Any help is greatly appreciated : )
windowlicker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this should be able to get taken care of at the Ministerio office up around calle 100. In addition to all the things you need to get a visa with a new employer, you'll need official documentation from your previous employer saying you no longer work for them. You may want to confirm all this with the ministerio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: