Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Education Experts Meltdown Begins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P_Pace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: The Education Experts Meltdown Begins Reply with quote

The first phase of the Education Experts meltdown has begun. Employees have had enough of the BS and are leaving in droves as soon as they have some money in their pockets. The sad but funny thing is, the weekend hasn�t even started yet!

The abysmally incompetent management of EdEx finally paid employees late (against the contract) for the second time in as many months. And as usual no communication nor any kind of organization going about it. They just kind of �showed up� to pay people, and as usual, they had to wait much longer than they should have.

Not to mention the huge number of people they cheated out of bonuses, expenses for visa runs (due to Ed Ex incompetence), vacation pay, etc� But you have to expect it when you have a disgraced, alcoholic, pathologic liar as your front man and it goes downhill from there.

An operations manager so crooked he doesn�t dare put anything down on paper and has no concept of delegating authority. Not to mention staff members who are mentally deficient to start with, are overworked (because of said operation manager) and with not nearly enough help to do their jobs correctly.

As a result, one of the most crooked and absolutely worst employers in Saudi Arabia takes yet more steps into lower depths of idiocy and mismanagement. Most companies would learn from their mistakes, and sadly, it wouldn�t take much beyond common sense and competent management to solve the problems that plague EdEx. But like the insane man who continues his bizarre behavior and continues to do the same stupid things, EdEx stumbles into even more inept stupidity�and then wonders why.

To employees who stay with this joke of a company, have �Plan B� ready. Because with the way this �blind leading the blind� management is going, they will not be in business too much longer. There are other competent companies waiting in the wings to step up and replace the Bozo�s at EdEx and their various contracts.

The EdEx meltdown starts, and will continue. Why should employees have any consideration for an employer that treats them like dirt, and lies & cheats them as much as EdEx does!?!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Education Experts Meltdown Begins Reply with quote

P_Pace wrote:
There are other competent companies waiting in the wings to step up and replace the Bozo�s at EdEx and their various contracts.

Which "competent" companies? Equally crappy outfits like ICEAT, SBC, Al Khaleej, AETG...?

By the way, contracts between the teachers and these sketchy companies mean nothing and hold no value under Saudi law because these teachers hold biz visit visas and therefore, are working illegally.
Suleman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very much like Arab Development Institute!
fledex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope the meltdown comes soon. They owe me, like so many other teachers, a lot of money that we will never see.
westy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never told me that the visa was single-entry before I got it and saw it in my passport. That was cruel, and when I asked about it at the EdEx office, the good doctor told me that I "needed to learn the ESL game" and that it didn't matter to him whether I quit right then or not.

Another reason to avoid EdEx - those single-entry visas mean just that - you can't cross the borders without cancelling them. Beware!

Anyone currently at KSU know if the person advocating the teaching of Socrates Discourse to students who can barely speak any English is still there? That was the biggest time-waster I ever experienced in over 12 years of teaching. Totally worthless!
wantok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borders may be cancelled by political "negotiation" during which borders might or might not be crossed by those with or without visas.

A business visit visa is ipso facto a single entry visa valid for 90 days. To maintain validity, requirements dictate two exits and re-entries via a border.

Sure, I'd advocate Socratic Discourse for no other reason than to teach students correct usage of adjectives.
strangerthanparadise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul, i happen to work for one of those companies you call sketchy: they issue employment visas only + multiple exit and re-entry, please do some research before you splash your otherwise useful comments on the internet. thank you.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangerthanparadise wrote:
nomad soul, i happen to work for one of those companies you call sketchy: they issue employment visas only + multiple exit and re-entry, please do some research before you splash your otherwise useful comments on the internet. thank you.

Rather than sounding like a spoiled child, why not just point out that you work for XXX and they have provided you with a proper multiple entry/ iqama...

Then others can come on and agree or dispute your experience.

VS
strangerthanparadise

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounding like a spoiled child vs? by not mentioning whom i work for and thus taking the wind out of the sails of those who would gladly embark on an infantile yes/no discussion? i merely wanted to say that not all of the companies nomad soul mentioned issue business visas.
and by the way, there is no such thing as a multiple entry iqama; a multiple exit and re-entry visa is probably what you meant...
strangerthanparadise

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounding like a spoiled child vs? by not mentioning whom i work for and thus taking the wind out of the sails of those who would gladly embark on an infantile yes/no discussion? i merely wanted to say that not all of the companies nomad soul mentioned issue business visas.
and by the way, there is no such thing as a multiple entry iqama; a multiple exit and re-entry visa is probably what you meant...
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and wrote:
by not mentioning whom i work for and thus taking the wind out of the sails of those who would gladly embark on an infantile yes/no discussion? i merely wanted to say that not all of the companies nomad soul mentioned issue business visas.

The criteria for "sketchiness" isn't just limited to the types of visas issued to teachers.
strangerthanparadise

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am well aware of that nomad soul. i sometimes feel a burning desire to shoot my employer, but for different reasons which i will not disclose here: i do not wish to contribute to the avalanche of negative comments, it doesn't add to the quality of anyone's life apart from those who enjoy having a bad time.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear strangerthanparadise

One of the main purposes of these forums is to try to prevent potential employees from feeling "a burning desire to shoot" their employers by warning them about such employers.

Of course the primary purpose of these forums is simply to make humorous remarks Very Happy.

Regards,
John
fledex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kept up some of my contacts in Saudi. Can confirm that Edex is in meltdown phase as far as their English teaching side goes. Many are still waiting for reimbursements and pay. Guess what, it most likely isn't coming.

Don't complain about being on that visit visa, you can just leave when it suits you and go find another job in Saudi if you want. I did. You don't need to wait two years or get that no objection letter. You don't even need an exit permit. Just leave.
FarGone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:

Rather than sounding like a spoiled child, why not just point out that you work for XXX and they have provided you with a proper multiple entry iqama...

Then others can come on and agree or dispute your experience.

VS

veiledsentiments: Have you ever worked in Saudi Arabia/KSA? If you have not, what is your vested interest in posting on the Saudi/KSA forum?

You write to one poster, "Rather than sounding like a spoiled child..."

But if you have not ever worked in Saudi/KSA, you are speaking only as a second-hand conduit of information (from others who have worked in Saudi).

P.S.: I did (work in Saudi; didn't like it very much, but mostly because of an unscrupulous 3rd-party employer). Have you? (ever worked in Saudi)

Just a "yes" or "no." Nothing more is needed until you do (respond to this question via a simple "yes" or "no").
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: