Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning to colleagues. Education Experts (Edex) AVOID. AVOID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vindicator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Warning to colleagues. Education Experts (Edex) AVOID. AVOID Reply with quote

This company, rather presumtuously calling itself `Education Experts`or `Edex`, is deeply dodgy and needs avoiding. Contracts are breached on a regular basis, salaries likewise are frequently docked for no reason and monies due remian unpaid. Living conditions are also well below the standards advertised.

(MOD edit for unsubstantiated personal attacks).

Western teachers need support in this country not stabbed from all directions. If you wish to work here in Saudi go ahead, it can be rewarding, but please be warned: have NOTHING TO DO with these shysters.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend's husband just got a job through them. He'll start in Sept. I just PMed you. Any info you could provide would be appreciated.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
My friend's husband just got a job through them. He'll start in Sept. I just PMed you. Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

NG, there are plenty of similar comments about EdEx on the Saudi forum.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I found them. Search function isn't working. I'll have to go through page by page. Thanks though. I just emailed my friend.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Naturegirl...

The search function works better is you remember to choose "search for all terms." But there are lots of Edex threads... almost all negative.

BTW... this is a new person with only two posts so s/he can't do PMs yet.

VS
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working now. I just put in Edex and the screen came up blank.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This often happens if you let it run with the default rather than "search for all terms." There are so many that it just locks it up.

VS
posh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much the end of the academic year and so I had to laugh when I saw Edex's 'Immediate Openings For ESL Teachers In Saudi Arabia' ad on the jobs board. Laughing Laughing Laughing

There's little humour in Saudi, but those guys sure provide some ... as long as you're not on their pay roll.
Walt Kuba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: AVOID AVOID AVOID Reply with quote

Was given an offer from Edexperts, and in about five places it told me all the conditions under which they would not pay a penny if they felt like it. One of those conditions was if I ever got angry at them, something which would surely occur if one got the run around for a few months. There was no discription of what exactly defined angry. I turned them down. You can also add SRACO and Bell to the list of companies to avoid, avoid, avoid.

One very positive company I HIGHLY recommend is ELS. They don't pay as well as some other companies, but their staff is very friendly and they are always surprising you with hidden spiffs that INCREASE your pay. Was NEVER paid late or short and the living conditions were pleasant. They really treated you well.
madrileno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a job offer from them two years ago back when I was getting ready to leave Korea and was applying for jobs in the gulf.

I researched the threads in the KSA forum on here and decided to decline the offer. I'm very glad I did now, seeing as how the horror stories coming out of that place have continued since I turned the offer down back in 2010.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: