Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sundays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Sundays Reply with quote

Does anyone hate sundays like me? Sad I find them very sad because we know we have to wrok again the next day and in this case I havent done my homework and I have many troubles which I dont know how to fix. Sad
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution is simple. Go to Saudi Arabia where Saturdays and Sundays are working days. The weekend is Thursday and Friday !

Last edited by scot47 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just work on Sunday, a few privates at least, and all will seem joyful every day!
sparks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never like Sundays, having always lived in Christian countries. Despite the fact that most places are open nowadays, there is still the sense that nothing is happening. As if everyone hung themselves in a closet for the day and won't be out till the next morning. I agree with Sasha, try to work a bit on Sunday (sorry if anyone follows the "day of rest" idea), it takes some of the edge of Monday and maybe you can work a bit less on a "good" day, like Friday.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday nights are a bit depressing with Monday morning only a sleep away. Sunday mornings however, are glorious bacon egg layabout times...I live for Sunday mornings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
artemisia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live for Friday nights.

Coolteacher didn't explain the source of these troubles - from Sundays or not doing homework or something else..
Dedicated

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy most of my Sundays. For most of the past year, I meet a senior Japanese banker from 8.30am for 2 hours. He just wants to talk about banking, the EU, articles from the Economist and finds this very therapeutic over coffee and a croissant.

He pays me 100 GB pounds which then sets me up very nicely for lunch with friends. Long live Sundays!
Shonai Ben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artemisia wrote:
I live for Friday nights.

..........same here.
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! Thanks for the sympathy Very Happy I made it through Monday which they call it stormy Monday. Wink

But Tuesdays just the same! Shocked

As for the problems well I cant say too much but it has to do with health. Nothing fatal but something alarming and...well... Sad

Good idea about getting some work on Sudays. Just a little to ease back in and then feel ready for Monday. Very Happy

But I don't think I'll be going to Sauid Arabai anytime soon. Wink
rioux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple solution: Just go to bed very late on Saturday night - actually it would mean going to bed Sunday morning after staying up all of Saturday night.
Just keep sleeping.
Next thing you know it's time to wake up on Monday morning. With a sleep like that you'd be the envy of the masses with all the energy you have.
No need to dread Sunday's anymore since you aren't fully aware of them when they take place. Stamp out reality before it stamps out you!
Janiny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone hates Sundays as much as you do. I always remember Mark Twain's Diary of Adam and Eve. The whole thing is written by Adam before The Fall. You can imagine all the wonderful and hilarious observations of this brave new world in which he finds himself, but all through the diary his only entry for every single Sunday consists of two words:

"Pulled through!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: