Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions about Binus Nisantara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanpedro72

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: questions about Binus Nisantara Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is anyone familiar about Binus Nisantara? I have been offered a temporary job there (to replace someone on maternity leave).

For example, I am slightly uncomfortable with the regimented punch in/out 7am-5pm work day.

Also, as schools in Indonesia have an extreme range of salaries, may I get some advice to ask how much I would say I prefer to earn? I have made the mistake of asking too much and too little in the past.

Thank you for your help and I will appreciate any feedback you have on the school (even if I didn't ask).

Many cheers,

Jacob
chezal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with Binus. I work at one of their international schools.
Clock in and out time where I am is 7.15-3.35. This isn't the first Indonesian school I've worked at with a clock in and out time. Which section of Binus will you be working at? Will you be at the IB school or the school that teaches the Cambridge curriculum?

The salary will depend on your qualifications and what position you are filling. Also it will deoend on which school you are at too. Although at the end of the day it will come down to how well you can negotiate.

If you don't want to post on the board send me a PM with further questions.
sanpedro72

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Binus Reply with quote

Hi there,

I will be subbing for HS Business English G11. The contract says 7-5pm. Did yours? I am just curious because I have never been held at school for longer than 8 hours.

The school that offered the temp contract is called Binus Intl Serpong. Due to the temporary nature of the job the fact that it ends 'after' the start of the new term, I suppose I can broker a better salary. It's about halfway between the extreme high and low.

Please me know what you think.

Cheers,

Jacob
chezal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Serpong school pays lower compared to Binus Simprug. This is in part due to the school fees being less. Going through your previous posts I see you don't have QTS. I'd aim for somewhere around low 20's million mark. Especially if housing isn't included as you'll be a local hire. You might not get that much but if they are in between a rock and a hard place worth a try. They can always negotiate down but you can't negotiate up.

As I said in the earlier post Binus Simprug's contract hours are 7.15-3.35. Though I'm often in later as I don't like to take work home with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: