Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNET Teaching Materials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JP 2000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: SNET Teaching Materials Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just started teaching S1-S6 in a third band school in the NET scheme. I've been making a lot of resources myself. I was wondering if there is much material about that matches the curriculum but is focused on spoken activities? I've seen the NESTA forum, is that worth joining? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

JP
oxi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's worth joining at HK$200 for the year. If that's a bit steep you can also try the Allnets yahoo group - free.

Both have links to resources
Joshua2006

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NESTA is a great place to air stuff, get stuff and to chat in general. I am a member and have been since I became a NET a year ago......it has been really helpful for me thus far and has helped me through some pretty dark days. As you are now a SNET, you have lots of money so $200 will be $200 well spent......
JP 2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the replies. I'll sign up to NESTA after pay day! I don't suppose anyone knows a good health insurance to join? Still loads of stuff to sort out...
Joshua2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP 2000 wrote:
Cheers for the replies. I'll sign up to NESTA after pay day! I don't suppose anyone knows a good health insurance to join? Still loads of stuff to sort out...

HSBC do one specifically for teachers through the PTU I think.
JP 2000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshua2006 wrote:
JP 2000 wrote:

HSBC do one specifically for teachers through the PTU I think.

Cheers. Sorry for the delayed reply. Looking into HSBC and I'm joining NESTA. So busy at the moment...
GreenCardigan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP, what's it like teaching at a Band 3 school? Do you find it fun and challenging? What are some of the harder, more difficult aspects of the job?

I've applied to the SNET scheme, so that's why I'm asking you for your impressions.

Thanks.
Joshua2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenCardigan wrote:
JP, what's it like teaching at a Band 3 school? Do you find it fun and challenging? What are some of the harder, more difficult aspects of the job?

I've applied to the SNET scheme, so that's why I'm asking you for your impressions.

Thanks.

I am in a band 3 school.

There are so many variables it is difficult to quantify exactly 'what it's like'.

It depends on so many things - location, principal, panel chair, sociodemographic of students, expectations, colleagues, previous NET to name but a few.

it also depends on what you expect to get out of the job and also what you are prepared to put into the job. It's a can of worms whichever way you tackle it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: