Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linden Hall school in Fukuoka

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilla-gent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Linden Hall school in Fukuoka Reply with quote

Anybody have any info on Linden Hall Elementary school in Fukuoka, other than what is on their own site?
I'm interested in hearing any present or former teachers' experiences there.

Do they have good resources and support for new teachers?
Is the curriculum effective?
Class sizes?
Contract and working conditions/expectations?

I appreciate any solid info.

Cheers!
timothypfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give you solid information, but I will share one or two things because no one else answered your question.

There is a Linden Hall elementary school and a Linden Hall high school. They are both connected to an educational company called Tsuzuki Educational Instutition Group. To see all the schools in this company have a look at this website: http://www.tsuzuki.ac.jp/english/. There is a little more information about the elementary school and information about each of the schools and colleges in the Tsuzuki company on this webpage.

I am currently employed at Kagoshima Daiichi School and Junior high. While not an international school, it has a strong emphasis on English education and I was hired as a full teacher and not an ALT. The employment conditions for me have been good, and the salary and long term prospects decent.

Unfortunately, all our positions for English teachers are filled at this school at the moment, and I anticipate no openings as the native teachers are long-termers here. You might try other schools in this company though.

I've heard that Linden Hall elementary school has a top notch English program and the children presented the - entire - play Hamlet - if you can believe it - a year or two ago.
Bombadil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timothypfox wrote:

I've heard that Linden Hall elementary school has a top notch English program and the children presented the - entire - play Hamlet - if you can believe it - a year or two ago.

Whilst I realize that this probably unnecessary, I can expand on that a little...

Every year in Feb/Mar, Linden Hall Elementary put on a Shakespeare production.
2007 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
2008 - Romeo & Juliet
2009 - Macbeth
2010 - The Tempest
2011 - Hamlet
2012 - Much Ado About Nothing
2013 - Othello
2014 - Julius Caesar

The plays are re-written, but that's more for casting (all the school takes part), and timing. Generally, each grade does a single act with Grade 1 doing an extra bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: