Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA TESOL dissertation survey HELP!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: MA TESOL dissertation survey HELP!!!!!! Reply with quote

Dear all,

I would be eternally grateful if those of you who are teaching at secondary and tertiary level could spend a few minutes completing a questionnaire on Communicative Language Teaching in China. This builds on my previous research project which many of you were kind enough to help out with. This time, there is a prize draw for a �20 amazon voucher for participants!

Here is the link:

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=ov19nl80rkl5u4w61467

This questionnaire is designed to investigate the importance given to different English teaching methods within the EFL context in China. Specifically, practice of and attitudes to Communicative Language Teaching compared to more traditionally favoured language teaching methods and how this might impact on students' communicative competence.
The results of this questionnaire will be analysed as part of my dissertation for my MA TESOL.

The questionnaire is completely anonymous, but there will be a prize draw for those participate and provide me with their email address at the end (�20 amazon voucher!)

Having taught in China for several years, I have a lot of fond memories of my time there and have retained an interest in English teaching there.
The questionnaire is very short and should only take a few minutes to complete.

I am also going to be carrying out some qualitative interviews over Christmas, so if anyone is interested and would like to participate (via skype), let me know.

Thank you very much for your help, very much appreciated!!!

Benny
UK
benny2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have added, that anyone teaching students of middle school age and above in a private school would also be great.

Thanks!
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention vocational colleges.
By these I mean provincial schools offering 3 year associate degree courses.
I checked university as this is closest to the vocationals.
Denim-Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Benny

Have done your quiz and am about to email you. Im actually in the UK now, and will be recovering from an operation over Xmas so if you want to interview me we wont have the time difference issue and Ill be happy to help.

Look for my email!
benny2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

thanks a lot for doing the survey....

Non Sequitur; You're right, I could have put vocational colleges on there...I've been out of the good old PRC for a while, and it slipped my mind that even students at such institutions are studying English. The box you ticked will be ok with regards to my research, thanks a lot.

Denim-Maniac; that's very kind of you, I'll be in touch regarding an interview over crimbo! Hope everything goes well with your operation.

I'm really lacking in Chinese participants, so if anyone is able to convince their colleagues to do the survey, that's be great. Sadly, I don't have the reading and Writing skills in mandarin to post this on a Chinese forum, but am hoping to get some old Chinese mates to help me out with that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: