Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to just scrape by for a year or less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Looking to just scrape by for a year or less. Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Well my time in teaching in Vietnam might have come to an end. Work permit regulations are becoming more strict, and my job has to let me go at the end of January. While I could work at one of the less desirable schools, I feel like I'd be taking a step back.

I'm currently working on my MA TESOL (no I don't have a BA, and YES it is possible go this route with the right experience). I have about a year left of part-time studies to do this. I pretty well have the funds to cover the degree, and would really just need to earn enough cash to live on (though saving a little would be nice).

Any suggestions for relocation in Asia? I don't mind taking a "step back" if it is in a new location Smile
tttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to just scrape by for a year or less. Reply with quote

Sudz wrote:
Hi guys.

Well my time in teaching in Vietnam might have come to an end. Work permit regulations are becoming more strict, and my job has to let me go at the end of January. While I could work at one of the less desirable schools, I feel like I'd be taking a step back.

I'm currently working on my MA TESOL (no I don't have a BA, and YES it is possible go this route with the right experience). I have about a year left of part-time studies to do this. I pretty well have the funds to cover the degree, and would really just need to earn enough cash to live on (though saving a little would be nice).

Any suggestions for relocation in Asia? I don't mind taking a "step back" if it is in a new location Smile

Like the answer in your other thread, with the upcoming implementation of regulations to be ready for ASEAN integration in 2015 you will find that the door to legal work is pretty much closed to you in most (if not all) of east / southeast Asia.

There is still illegal work in most countries if you don't mind the step back, working as an hourly worker on an as-needed basis and doing regular border runs to maintain your tourist status in the country of your choice.

Sudz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound pretty spot on as usual tttompatz, thanks for the reply.

Fortunately, I'll have my degree before 2015.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: