Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hess International
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
88Sparky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even recruiters bash Hess in Taiwan. I've talked to some of them. It's normal and just for a teacher to have a balanced life. Most people don't mind working hard, but they can't work so hard where they don't have a balanced life and where their health might be in jeopardy. Sure it's unprofessional for a teacher to disclose too much of their personal life, but it's not unreasonable for a teacher to ask for a work schedule that gives them some balance.
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even recruiters bash Hess in Taiwan. I've talked to some of them. It's normal and just for a teacher to have a balanced life. Most people don't mind working hard, but they can't work so hard where they don't have a balanced life and where their health might be in jeopardy. Sure it's unprofessional for a teacher to disclose too much of their personal life, but it's not unreasonable for a teacher to ask for a work schedule that gives them some balance.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I worked at Hess for a year and taught 25 hours per week, which is average in Taiwan. I had to grade some homework as well each day, but you could hardly call it time consuming; around 15-20 minutes per day. In my opinion, my schedule was reasonable and gave me as much time to pursue my interests as any other job I've had in Taiwan.

88Sparky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I worked at Hess for a year and taught 25 hours per week, which is average in Taiwan. I had to grade some homework as well each day, but you could hardly call it time consuming; around 15-20 minutes per day. In my opinion, my schedule was reasonable and gave me as much time to pursue my interests as any other job I've had in Taiwan.

[Really? I'd like to know which branch treated you this well. Some people at other Hess Schools may not be so lucky.
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at 3 different branches, all in Taipei.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: