Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experienced ESL teacher - summer months in South America...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PointedAndPent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Experienced ESL teacher - summer months in South America... Reply with quote

If anyone out there has a good deal of experience of living in South America as a teacher I'd love to hear recommendations you have for someone in my situation.

I'm 30, have a CELTA, a degree, and three years full-time experience teaching kids and adults English in Spain (TESOL, CAE, FCE, CPE, PET, Escuela Official, you name it....)

I'm planning on going to South America for July, August and September for three reasons.

1) There's not enough work here to support my living costs so it'd be pure expense to sit around doing nothing in the place where I live all year round.
2) Living costs in South America are lower
3) I want to visit South America.

I'd love to know what the job situation is like out there over the summer... what are the chances I can find enough work to get me by for those months... and more importantly where's the best place (country/city) to go to pick-up jobs most easily (job search is always the worst damn part...).

I speak fluent Spanish, and I can get great references.

I would, in principle, be planning on returning in October... however I could be flexible on that plan.

Cheers,

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: