Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A modest proposal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of nonsensical rambling and repetition of the gloom and the doom on here lately. Dragonpiwo, particularly, the key stereotyper. People can rise above their initial lust for Polish ladies. In fact, I've averted such 'dangers' for some time now.

In Poland, I genuinely believe it is possible (in fact, relatively simple) to be innovative, marketable and successful (for most of you that means earning over a certain figure a month). It kills the debate about living hand-to-mouth really.

Regards

John.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john123 wrote:
In Poland, I genuinely believe it is possible (in fact, relatively simple) to be innovative, marketable and successful (for most of you that means earning over a certain figure a month). It kills the debate about living hand-to-mouth really.

Of course it is.

But if someone's 2nd biggest expense is alcohol, then your answer is right there.
ecocks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I don't quite get what it is with the TEFL poor-mouthing syndrome bit. Seems like a high percentage of people in TEFL spend a lot of time carrying on about how screwed up wherever they are happens to be and how much better it will be somewhere new. Gets wearisome after awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecocks wrote:
I swear I don't quite get what it is with the TEFL poor-mouthing syndrome bit. Seems like a high percentage of people in TEFL spend a lot of time carrying on about how screwed up wherever they are happens to be and how much better it will be somewhere new. Gets wearisome after awhile.

I generally think that this sort of behaviour points at who you are rather than the place, to be honest.

There might be a point in describing Berlin, Barcelona, Prague and Krakow as being screwed up for TEFL, but they are hardly representative of the entire continent.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecocks wrote:
It's all relative. As an industry, TEFL Poland may be somewhat screwed up compared to TEFL Western Europe. But TEFL Thailand, Cambodia or most of TEFL Asia for that matter, make TEFL Poland look like a shining pillar of virtue.

But no matter what country you're in, there will always be good schools and bad schools to work for. You've just got to have more exp. and quals. to get jobs with the good ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: