Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digging Through The Trash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Digging Through The Trash Reply with quote

I had to laugh when I heard this... At some program there was a Saudi Boss that actually went digging through the classroom trash to find something on a teacher and finally came up with an empty Cigarette box. It wasn't even the teachers brand. Come on.... Dumpster Diving in the classroom? When a Saudi boss doesn't like you they may go to any lengths. Fortunately, this case would seem to be a very extreme exception to the rule. It's still funny though.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused... wouldn't one put an empty cigarette package in the trash? Is one supposed to throw it on the floor?

Besides... if a Saudi employer wants to fire you, he doesn't need a reason. He merely needs to send you to the airport. I have seen many people on here who were fired and few who were ever given a reason.

VS
jargonscott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Is one supposed to throw it on the floor?

When in Rome...

Wink
mashkif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Digging Through The Trash Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
I had to laugh when I heard this... At some program there was a Saudi Boss that actually went digging through the classroom trash to find something on a teacher and finally came up with an empty Cigarette box. It wasn't even the teachers brand. Come on.... Dumpster Diving in the classroom? When a Saudi boss doesn't like you they may go to any lengths. Fortunately, this case would seem to be a very extreme exception to the rule. It's still funny though.

This is utterly shocking: A Saudi deigning to be even in the general vicinity of anything to do with garbage, let alone touching the trash can!? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That alone is enough to make me impugn the credibility of this story!
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe!!!
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why should "expats" in KSA be the only ones guilty of eccentric behaviour ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: