Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight Reimbursement

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnglishDoYouSpeakIt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Flight Reimbursement Reply with quote

My company-which-shall-go-unnamed initially said that they will reimburse returning teachers who book their vacation flights. As in, teachers who renew their contracts will be paid back for their flight costs.

Now they are saying that the flight reimbursement is pro-rated. For example if you take your vacation 6 months into your contract they will only pay for half your flight. This was not mentioned prior (to my knowledge).

You couldn't wait and take your vacation at the end of your contract unless you wanted to not renew with the company.

In this situation, if it turns out that what they are doing is wrong, how does one go about righting the situation? Do I go to the MoL or do I get a lawyer or what? What are the success rates of this type of thing?

I'm aware of the pratfalls of working with these type of companies so this thread doesn't need to be a big CJ about how bad they are. I just want to know if what they did is on the level and if not how I can fight it?

Thanks

Edwardo.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour Office.
cmp45

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you must have sorted out your flight reimbursement problem as you are currently considering DYI projects instead of spending the cash on a lawyer. Very Happy
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear cmp45,

DYI?? Do Yourself It??? For Yoda, maybe. Very Happy

Regards,
John
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Yoda would say "It Yourself Do"
fledex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant Do Yourself In. Which is exactly what EnglishDoYouSpeakIt did when he chose his current employer, business partner, or whatever. As to reimbursement, just DIY. Laughing
johnslat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear scot47,

Or even YID - which is NOT a slur, but stands for "Yourself, It Do." Very Happy

Regards,
John
EnglishDoYouSpeakIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmp45 wrote:
I assume you must have sorted out your flight reimbursement problem as you are currently considering DYI projects instead of spending the cash on a lawyer. Very Happy

You assumed incorrectly. What you presented was a false dichotomy of sorts. And not in the least bit relevant to the discussion. Of course a person could afford a lawyer and materials for a DIY project. While there is a finite limit of how much money a person can possess, that limit would certainly be enough to obtain legal council, lumber, and nails.
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishDoYouSpeakIt wrote:
cmp45 wrote:

You assumed incorrectly. What you presented was a false dichotomy of sorts. And not in the least bit relevant to the discussion. Of course a person could afford a lawyer and materials for a DIY project. While there is a finite limit of how much money a person can possess, that limit would certainly be enough to obtain legal council, lumber, and nails.

Kudos to you for your contribution of pedantic jostling; think of it as adding a bit of color to an otherwise dull exchange of information. (I give you an A+, well written and a much more impressive response than just writing ...'yawn')
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: