Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web International English opinions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ESL.Professor.Roger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Web International English opinions? Reply with quote

Not really happy in Nanjing so it's time to hit the bricks while I sit this contract out. One of my associates in NJ has recommended the above group for whom he used to work. It'd be in Xuzhou but apparently they are all over China. The climate is not ideal (but about what I was used to in St. Louis) and the money would just be so-so, tho I have two degrees to his one, so that may make a difference. COL in Xuzhou is apparently lower as well, as far as housing/

I'm asking that this not devolve into another "they're all going to lie to you, China sux and you're stupid" thread, so please: direct or at least second hand experience with these folks, good or bad? It appears to be a web-based program but with a classroom component, which suggests to me that the equipment will at least *work* which has been an issue for me here -- that and political crap from other departments manned by FT.

If there is another thread on them, my apologies -- Chrome has been acting up ever since I installed that BoC applet to check my account online and so the search results page comes up completely blank. I'm going to try a couple of other browsers in a bit to see if I can find anything else here.
rogerwilco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xuzhou is not far from Nanjing.
Go and see the school for yourself.
I would suggest that you visit the school without an appointment, but if you do have an appointment then maybe you can arrive an hour early.

Have a card or paper with your number wrtten on it to discretely give to the current FT's so that they can contact you later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: