Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KFUPM looking to hire many, many people

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: KFUPM looking to hire many, many people Reply with quote

On higheredjobs.com, KFUPM is looking to hire many content instructors in addition to ESL instructors...

1. HOw are the students in the higher level content classes?
2. Is it possible to live in Bahrain and work in Damman>
PeterParvo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The students are generally sweet and respectful, but I wouldn't expect much from their work ethic or general level of English.

I am not sure what a content teacher is, but I'm guessing that these are the teachers who are beyond the preparatory year. I never wanted to teach on the Jebel as a content teacher because I couldn't face dealing with writing, writing, and only writing. Correcting 100-word paragraphs drove me up the wall. Imagine correcting twenty 1000-word essays. Those teachers have fewer hours per week, I think 12 as opposed to 20. However, I just couldn't stomach it.

I found the prep year very manageable and pleasant.

I can't imagine doing the commute from Bahrain, but that's just me.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housing is provided on campus. A Housing Allowance is NOT available if you choose to live elsewhere. Commuting from Bahrain is

1. Expensive (see housing problem) and
2. Difficult. There can be tailbacks where you get stuck in traffic for a LONG time

KFUPM is in Dhahran - not Dammam. Located between ARAMCO and US Consulate.

Higher Level (CONTENT) classes are in Engineering and Business Admin mainly. Some ancillary subjects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: