Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Khalid University, Abha Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: King Khalid University, Abha Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Reply with quote

Has anyone had any dealings with this school and the recruitment process?
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=27256

Bumped up...the ad seems like they are offering a decent package and would probably entail the usual time line with regards to processing of your application, if you were accepted.
At least it's direct hire!

Unfortunately, I know nothing first hand about the University, but Abha is quite a nice place to live if you like lots of greenery and moderate temps throughout the year.

Perhaps some brave soul will come along to post some useful info Wink
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Abha Reply with quote

cmp45 wrote:
http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=27256

Bumped up...the ad seems like they are offering a decent package and would probably entail the usual time line with regards to processing of your application, if you were accepted.
At least it's direct hire!

Unfortunately, I know nothing first hand about the University, but Abha is quite a nice place to live if you like lots of greenery and moderate temps throughout the year.

Perhaps some brave soul will come along to post some useful info Wink

Actually my last position was in Khamis Mushait very near Abha and I liked the area. The 2 cities have a dividing line somewhere but it is hard, if not impossible, to know when you have left 1 town and entered the other. The "greenery" is a bit exaggerated but the area is as nice as any in KSA. Anyone going to that area should rent a car and travel to Jizan on the Red Sea and in the other direction, to Najran. Find a native of Najran to guide you around and you will find it to be an interesting place. I taught in Najran once and knew nothing of the city, but last year had many students from Najran who took me around that city which was an enjoyable place to visit.

Just this morning I got a job offer for Dammam which I'll take so probably will not be returning to Abha. My age will prevent me from waiting around for the perfect offer so I hope people wish me well in what will no doubt be my last teaching position before permanent retirement with my new baby here in Philippines.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abha, Khamis Mushait and Najran are certainly worth seeing. I only spent a few days there when working for the Airline. I had the arduous task of visitiong to administer English tests to employees. Also made it to Baha, Bisha and to Sharoura.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: