Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hungary 2nd Tier Cities...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaykh1985

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Hungary 2nd Tier Cities... Reply with quote

I am CELTA qualified with one years experience prior to my CELTA...I have a degree in Sociology too...am I qualified enough to land a job in places like Pecs?...

I've kind of got a liking for Hungary...I enjoyed Budapest when I visited and would like the challenge of such a unique language...my lifestyle isn't particularly frivolous...I just want enough money for rent, to feed myself during the week and have the freedom to spend on the weekend...would I have the ability to do that in Hungary or is it one of those places that requires you to arrive with savings?...

Thanks...
General Disarray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say so, I don't have the links but if you search for CELTA IH Budapest on Facebook (not on anymore) there used to be regular posts about high schools in Szeged and such places that would advertise posts.

Maybe you could send IH an e-mail asking if they have any contacts in these schools? I had a friend who worked for a school out near Eger teaching English to Gypsies children.

Personally, I wouldn't want to go away from Budapest although I never made it to Pecs, I hear good things about it.

Veszprem is a lovely place though.

You would need savings to cover the first two months like any country. Living in Pecs/Szeged would put you close to the borders of Croatia/Serbia meaning you can travel quite a bit, trains are cheap as well compared to Veszprem where you'd be paying to go to Austria/Slovenia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: