Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dewey recruiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abercrombie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Dewey recruiting Reply with quote

I exchanged some emails with Dewey about a public school position. Here is the link:

http://www.totalesl.com/job_detail.php?postingtype=job&id=77456

After I sent copies of my degrees, credentials, and CELTA cert, they were thrilled with my qualifications. Then they asked me if I would be willing to teach elementary school. I have an MA in TESL and university experience, but I told them I would accept a middle school job or a high school job. They said someone would contact me later on (this was in October). They said they had a pressing need to hire teachers, which got postponed to maybe hiring in Jan. or Feb. This is now Dec. and they said they would have someone contact me in Oct.

Are Taiwanese recruiters flaky or did I have a unique experience? Confused
88Sparky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the club! They are flaky! I was left high and dry by Bryan Wu and the Green English School.
Kris78

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Does anyone have experience with them? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was just contacted by Dewey about getting a job through them. They didn't tell me much about the job but want me to send them my documents. I've tried googling them to find reviews by teachers, etc, but I'm finding little to go on.

Has anyone worked with Dewey? Are they reputable or should they be avoided? I'm not a new teacher, so I don't need an entry level position.

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: