Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Charm in Changsha and Aston in Linyi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotrob66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Dragon Charm in Changsha and Aston in Linyi Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the chance of working for Dragon Charm in Changsha and the Aston group in Linyi. If anyone has any experience of these schools I'd be grateful to hear of your experiences.

Cheers, Mark
Daphne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends don't let friends work for Aston.
china505

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daphne wrote:

Everybody I know who works at Aston seems to like it just fine. OP, Shandong is a great provence, Linyi is not a bad place to be.
Shroob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

china505 wrote:
Daphne wrote:

Everybody I know who works at Aston seems to like it just fine. OP, Shandong is a great provence, Linyi is not a bad place to be.

Pretty sure that's the place I was offered a management position at...when I had no experience of teaching and had just finished my CELTA course.
Daphne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have such a bad rep that they even changed their name a few years back in order to cover their tracks to a certain extent.

Look at the standard package of 6 thousand a month and shared housing that they offer...all the other chain schools seem to offer a considerably higher salary with either private housing or an allowance for lodging.
SH_Panda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to people who badmouth Aston, or any other chain school for that matter.

It all comes down to the individual school. Do your homework... speak to teachers working at the school already and research the place in which you'll be living for a year. If you are satisfied after that, go for the job.

The chances are that if the foreign teachers are happy there, then it'll be decent enough for you. Particularly for a first time gig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: