Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sichuan University of Science and Engineering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnusher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Sichuan University of Science and Engineering Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about this school? Googling has revealed that they have/had a website (www.suse.edu.cn) which doesn't appear to be active anymore.

I was wondering if anybody has had any good, bad, great, or terrible experiences with them?

Thanks in advance
jellyfish77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Sichuan University of Science and Engineering Reply with quote

I taught in this school for the 2008-2009 school year. I can say that it is an excellent place to work and live. The staff was always friendly and helpful from the beginning to the end.

The students were the best part about being a teacher at this school. There were always large turnouts for organized English learning activities, with new students from different disciplines always showing up.

The school itself is divided into three campuses, two in the city of Zigong, and the freshman academy located a short bus ride away in the countryside. Most foreign teachers prefer the city campuses but I enjoyed living in the countryside. My favorite daily activity was playing sports (ping pong, badminton, basketball, etc.) with students. The mild climate in this part of China means you can play outdoors nearly year round.

This area is known for being laid back and there are plenty of tea houses to relax in and play mahjong with friends. The most famous food here is the hotpot. Again it is something best shared with a group. It can be challenging to eat at first because of the heat but after a year in Zigong you will crave it forever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: