Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dependent husband visas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chica88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: dependent husband visas Reply with quote

Does anyone have any first hand experience dealing with China dependent visas for a husband or wife?

I have been made a few job offers for China.,..

Some forums say it is totally impossible to get a dependent China visa for a husband or wife who will NOT be working.

Some forums have said they have gotten dependent visas for their husband or wife because they went to school.

The little bit I do know is that the school itself has to request the dependent visa.
I assume it may just be a money thing.
I do understand its not possible to keep getting a tourist visa because I will have to keep going to Hong kong with my husband to renew it.
And China will not renew a visa for an entire year.

I will be talking to the China consulate when Im in the states.
But, for right now I was really wondering if anyone alive has gotten a dependent visa for a husband or wife - within the last 12 months?
If you have gotten a visa can you explain a little what the circumstances were?
Im not wanting to get into anyones business I am just trying to understand about the visa situation.

Ive heard so much different information I do not know if I shiould not be seeking work in China.

Im already looking elsewhere even though China is where I wish to go.

*If you know of a forum that has talked about this please feel free to throw it at me.
mambawamba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm on a spouse and baggage visa at the moment (the first time I've not worked in China).

The school processed mine and our son's visas at the same time as doing my husband's.

Some jobs will pay the costs for a dependant but others you will have to pay the costs of visa, insurance and medical check yourselves.

Ask what relocation package is available before you accept any job and they'll let you know if you are liable for fees or they will cover it.

You will probably have to get your marriage certificate apostilled to be able to have your spouse on a dependants visa, it takes a while so look into now.

Mamba.
colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your prospective employer should know what to do.

I've been in China for five years and will be returning on March 3 with wife and two daughters.

I have a Z visa and my family are all here on the 'back' of that visa.

PM me for any further, specific, details which concern you.

I can't be bothered to cover all aspects here.

Merely to assure you that if your employer is serious then it's 'doable'.
hilena_westb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should not be an issue at all. I've never seen anyone have problems. However, keep in mind, that an employer has no obligation to do the work to allow your family to come if they are not working for that employer. They take on legal responsibility for the resident permit of those extra folks. A Z visa is intended to work, not provide a new country to live in for folks (dependents).
chica88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: posts info useful Reply with quote

those who have posted with first hand accounts -

Thanks for posting...

I mean it.

There has been a great deal of confusioln.
I was getting so much different information I could not understand if it was even possible to get a dependent visa.

At least now I know some people have done it.
I will continue to move forward looking for positions in China.
colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hilena_westb wrote:
This should not be an issue at all. I've never seen anyone have problems. However, keep in mind, that an employer has no obligation to do the work to allow your family to come if they are not working for that employer. They take on legal responsibility for the resident permit of those extra folks. A Z visa is intended to work, not provide a new country to live in for folks (dependents).

It's also designed to allow an employee the opportunity to enjoy the company of his, or her, family whilst in China..
The employer has no legal responsibility - see contract.
If you care to look at the FEC it is set up to include family members.
You might also care to read the conditions required to be met when applying for a Z visa.

You sound like someone from an imperial age.
Get off your high horse and stop posting rubbish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: