Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Get an F-4 Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked immigration about getting an F-5, which has no expiration date, and an official said people eligible for the F-4 cannot get the F-5. But he said I should ask again when it comes time to renew my F-4 just in case the law changes.
contrarian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to express ignorance but I have been in Korea for 7 years and was wondering about an E7 Visa.

I don't speak much Korean.
eurasian76

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know if F-4 visa holders require re-entry permits? I've been told conflicting info.....I did goto one of the immigration offices having just got my ARC......and was told re-entry permit isn't required.....but the person didn't sound too convincing at all!
pan/medio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries, you don't need a re-entry permit. just your alien card. you'll be fine.
eurasian76

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pan/medio wrote:
no worries, you don't need a re-entry permit. just your alien card. you'll be fine.

ah, I just got a reply from the Korean Embassy in the UK (where I got mine issued) and they replied as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir

You must obtain a re-entry permit at the airport before you leave Korea otherwise you will not be able to enter Korea with that visa.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As I said before ,one of the korean immigration offices I went to here said I dont need one (as you said too)......yet the Korean embassy said I do! jeez Question

Are you on a F-4 Visa?
pan/medio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, weird. I hear that there's lots of misinformation about F-4's (and myriad other things). But yeah, I was worried about not having a re-entry permit and as long as your F-4 is valid and up to date, you should have no problem. I'm on an F-4 and both times I went on vacation last year, all I had to do was show my ARC for re-entry. The consulate I went to back in the states even assured me that I didn't need a re-entry. I don't know, maybe it's dependent on nationality but I find that highly unlikely since we're all issued the same F-4 visa. Maybe they're just misinformed?
Toon Army

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can any of you guys confirm if F-4 Visa holders can teach privates legally or not? I was under the impression that you can but reading another thread, someone mentioned if you get 'caught' you'd get fined?
thesphinxxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Stupid question? Reply with quote

OK, I am sure this is a stupid question but, can a Caucasian(white) Canadian citizen get an e-4 visa?
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid question? Reply with quote

thesphinxxx wrote:
OK, I am sure this is a stupid question but, can a Caucasian(white) Canadian citizen get an e-4 visa?

The visa in question is F-4 and NO, you cannot get one if you're not ethnically Korean, though bircials can get one IF they were born in Korea.

If the question was stupid, why did you ask it? DUH!
pkang0202

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toon Army wrote:
can any of you guys confirm if F-4 Visa holders can teach privates legally or not? I was under the impression that you can but reading another thread, someone mentioned if you get 'caught' you'd get fined?

You can teach privately with an F-4. I think you gotta register with the immigration to let them know that you are teaching privately.

Last edited by pkang0202 on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
jaiho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect to re-entry,

- i got my F-4 in June 2006
- left korea August 2006
- re-entered Korea October 2006

and did not have any problem re-entering. When you leave Korea you can ask the immigration officer if you do need a re-entry, or what you do need to show when you arrive back in korea... but as someone else pointed out, it's just ur ARC.
ron_j

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions. My father isn't around (he left us a while ago) and my parents divorced. They were both US citizens. However, I think my pops went back to Korea to avoid debt in the states. Guess who had to pay that debt off?

As of now, I have my mother's old passport, her hojuk, her certification of US citizenship and old tax papers that's it. Also, I do not have my original birth certificate. I went to the state to get a new one and it does not state any of my parent's names. I figure a tax return is just as valid. Now the hojuk is under her maiden name. So is her old passport. She doesn't have her marriage certificate. Wondering if that would be a problem? Anyone have any idea how I can go about getting my F4 visa with these obstacles?
Toon Army

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about tax regarding F-type visa holders.

I heard that while there are so many benefits to having the F-visa , you get taxed much more than E-visa holders? is that correct?
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: f4 and medical insurance Reply with quote

williamcho wrote:
Does anyone know how I can get into the korean medical insurance system? I am not working so no company paid insurance. I heard f4 holders can get this. Thanks.

An update on health insurance. If you choose to get it on your own without a company sponsoring you, you might have a bit of trouble. You have to pay for all the months that you were living in Korea and NOT insured (I know, so stupid). For example, if you came to Korea in January 2005 and then applied for the health insurance on your own in December of that year, you would still have to pay for January through November. I have no idea how this stupid policy came about, but I'm not about to pay around 1.2 million won for the months I WAS NOT insured just to get health insurance.
jeanpark725

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am leaving for Korea this Sunday and it is currently Thursday evening here in D.C. I am wondering if I take all the necessary materials to the Consulate General office here early tomorrow morning (Friday) will I be able to get my F-4 visa that day? Also, do I need a hojuk if this is the first time I am applying for the F-4? Or is that only necessary for when renewing a F-4? FYI, I currently have a C-3 visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: