Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piercings......wheres the best place to get them done....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Piercings......wheres the best place to get them done.... Reply with quote

I was just wondering where in Seoul is the best place to get piercings done? Or tatoos? I had to get rid of all mine in my last school, but my new one is a helluva lot more relaxed and feel like getting them back again! I would obviously want somewhere reasonably clean and prefessional......cheers!
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't know, but check out Hongdae.
Homer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe somewhere on your body is the best place to have them done...unless you prefer piercing furniture or your pets... Laughing
shevek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hongdae on the main street next to the 7-eleven there is a cheap piercing place. I asked a person about it and she had had no problems with the belly button and nipple piercings she'd had done there. I also saw one in the Sinchon area close to Ewha women's university. i didn't talk to anyone who'd been pierced there, but it was also pretty cheap.
Mankind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most piercings and tattoo's are illegal to get in Korea. You're just as bad as those people teaching privates! Respect the laws of this country. Rolling Eyes

HAND Smile
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mankind wrote:
Most piercings and tattoo's are illegal to get in Korea. You're just as bad as those people teaching privates! Respect the laws of this country. Rolling Eyes

HAND Smile

So all those women with earrings are breaking the law? Tramps the whole lot are tramps...

tattoos are illegal? I thought they were merely stigmatized.
peppermint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a write up on a tattoo artist this week in the Joong Ang Daily

My understanding of the laws regarding tattoos is that they are very arbitrary. Apparently a large tattoo in a reasonably visible area is considered a physical disfigurement Shocked and means that a man can avoid military service and work in a factory instead. Getting a large tattoo for this purpose is illegal, otherwise it's fine.
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peppermint wrote:
there was a write up on a tattoo artist this week in the Joong Ang Daily

My understanding of the laws regarding tattoos is that they are very arbitrary. Apparently a large tattoo in a reasonably visible area is considered a physical disfigurement Shocked and means that a man can avoid military service and work in a factory instead. Getting a large tattoo for this purpose is illegal, otherwise it's fine.

It's similar to the US military. Once you agree to join and sign that piece of paper, say BYE BYE to the US constitution.
Of course here, it's involuntary, and we could never do that in the US again, unless of course the the Chinese get itchy.
mack the knife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ears are a good start...
desultude

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the laws are? Will I be arrested for exposing my tattooed wrist in public? Sould I avoid earrings?
Zed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Piercings......wheres the best place to get them done... Reply with quote

kelly wrote:
I was just wondering where in Seoul is the best place to get piercings done? Or tatoos? I had to get rid of all mine in my last school

Got rid of your tatoos? Ouch. Costly. Very Happy
MaestroCantus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know of anywhere that does ear cartiledge piercings with Titanium???

I think I'm allergic to stainless . . . I had an eyebrow ring done with titanium (years ago, but since removed it), and had no problems.
sm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: places to go Reply with quote

Crow in Hongdae is the only piercing place I know and it's cheap. Tattoo places are exploding these days. I would recommend Tattoo Korea in Gangnam for tattoos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: