Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sookmyung Women's University TESOL program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterbaby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Sookmyung Women's University TESOL program Reply with quote

Has anyone heard about the Sookmyung Womens' Universtiy MA TESOL program? It's a MA level two-semester program, condensed into five months. Good, bad, anything?

http://tesol.sookmyung.ac.kr/k_frame2.html
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the link, it's just a TESOL certificate thing isn't it? Didn't see anything about an MA anywhere....
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at it sometime ago... I think the credits are transferable to an australian univeristy where you can do your MA.
dutchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sookmyung Women's University TESOL program Reply with quote

waterbaby wrote:
Has anyone heard about the Sookmyung Womens' Universtiy MA TESOL program? It's a MA level two-semester program, condensed into five months. Good, bad, anything?

http://tesol.sookmyung.ac.kr/k_frame2.html

My wife did the program. It is a graduate certificate not a masters degree. The credits can transfer to the University of Southern Queensland's distance masters program.

She was happy with the program. At the time she did it (two years ago) there weren't any foreigners enrolled. But it shouldn't be a problem since all the profs are foreigners and it's 100% in English.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a better look at the info today... finally realised that there were two sections - one for native speakers and one for everyone else. Yeah, looks like you can transfer points to a number of Aus unis. It's 2.5 mil won. Not bad. I can't work out the timetable though - in some sections it looks like about 20 contact hours and in another, it looks like only 8 Confused Could always call them I guess.
ajassi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Sookmyung profs--are they any good? Reply with quote

Just wondering whether the profs at Sookmyung are well-qualified. I know of another graduate program in TESOL with professors fresh out of accelerated MA degrees.

I guess I could just go look at their website. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: