Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are Koreans less forgiving of us?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peppermint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

princess wrote:
Just got asked today if I am Russian. Guess what I am wearing? Black tights, a long black skirt and a twin sweater set.= covered from head to toe. What I wear has nothing to do with people assuming I am Rusian. It happens to me all the time. For me, I think it has to do with the fact that I am not BIG like most Americans/Canadians.

Don't kid yourself, it's the white skin and nothing more. I get asked that when I'm slumming in jeans and a t-shirt all the time.

I actually asked Seoultrader what the working girls here do wear on duty, cause I was so surprised by it.
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

princess wrote:
Just got asked today if I am Russian. Guess what I am wearing? Black tights, a long black skirt and a twin sweater set.= covered from head to toe. What I wear has nothing to do with people assuming I am Rusian. It happens to me all the time. For me, I think it has to do with the fact that I am not BIG like most Americans/Canadians.

That would probably be it.
khyber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Western girls MAY on average be bigger. BUT

If you saw a western girl who looked as skinny as the "average beatiful" Korean girl, you'd be repulsed.
Koreans get away with it b/c we don't know any better
Derrek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaebea wrote:
I think it's simply bred out of jealousy.

At the risk of a major generalisation, we can safely say that western women tend to have better figures than the average Korean woman. They can't stand this fact. Drives them completely nutty you see.

Here's some light haired *waygookin* putting on the same mini or top and looking about 100 times better than her Korean counterpart. How dare they.. the sheer nerve of it! Smile

It's also a shame that preconceived notions of western women in nice clothes are of Russian prostitutes. I guess first impressions really do make an impact.

jae.

You've got to be kidding???? Western women look "BETTER" than the korean women in these clothes..... NO WAY!

And by the way, I got a kick out of seeing your signature said, "Mooh"...

As in "Mooh, Cow, Mooh?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: