Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your flatmate...how bad is the one you CURRENTLY live with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just because

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Your flatmate...how bad is the one you CURRENTLY live with. Reply with quote

Alright here is the scoop...
....my current flatmate is not so bad, he isn't a thief or violent but why is it he drives me crazy.
For my first 15 months here I lived with a girl and it was great. The best flatmate I could have where we shared similar interests and complimented each other so well. I knew the next flatmate would probably not measure up but I thought I would be positive from the get go and see what happens.
So i have been living with this guy for 3 months. As I said he is not a bad guy, but so not my type. I am so chilled out where not much bothers me but he is the kind of guy who seems to be on a constant period. Can get angry at anything. The problem is he is probably 50 kilograms bigger as well, so while I am not small he is pretty big. I am clean but he is a 32 year old slob!!! I am sure he has never left home before but he just trails food through the house, doesn't have a clue about hygiene.

AHHHHHH he makes me crazy!!!!!!!!

The thing is I only have about 7 weeks left so I'll just grin and bear it(and stay at my girlfriends house a lot) and he is a very smart and sometimes funny guy. Definantly single accomodation on my next contract.

Anyway, what I'm asking is how bad is your CURRENT flatmate??? Mine isn't that bad but I'm sure you have some stories to share. Smile
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current roommate is one of those little bathroom flies. It just flies around all day, checkin' out this and that, and I come home and it flies around my head like a loving dog(Man's best friend!), telling me all sorts of stories about what it saw in the apartment all day.

Ummm....my roommate before, though, was an Irish guy, and it was easy for us to live with each other. Similar personalities. This is vitally important to having a roommate, otherwise, yea, it's gonna flop. I've had nerdy hardcore Dungeons and Dragons roommates in the past, and guys who worked as nurses on the graveyard shift, and it drove me nucking futs.
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live with myself and I'm friggin' terrible, I piss myself off pretty much every day and I can fly off the handle at the slightest thing. I'm just about ready to move out.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm living by myself and I like it. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle living with people again. I like being to cook dinner at 1 in the morning.

CLG
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flatmates are great!!!! Actually its a computer, a couple TVs and not much more..

Yes, living alone and quite happy about that.

Although when I've had cool roommates in other situations, I've quite enjoyed that as well.. but random roommates is hit and miss..
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but good luck with roommates since I got here.

For the first month and a half I lived with a Canadian girl (like me). That was a year and a half ago and she's one of my best friends! In fact she went home last June and we still email and talk on the phone sometimes.

My current roommate is my boyfriend. We've been living together for almost a year and a half. He's great. We have the whole division of labor thing down. I cook, he does the dishes. It's great! I love living with him.

Also, one time last spring a friend came to stay with us for a month and she was great too. We all got along great. The 3 of us talked, watched movies, cooked, and played cards together all the time.

Nothing but good luck...knock knock...
Dalton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been lucky here too.
My room mates are my TV, PC, DVD player and my wife.
Fortunately they all get along.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Roark wrote:
We have the whole division of labor thing down. I cook, he does the dishes. It's great!

He's lucky. The majority of my ex-girlfriends weren't able to cook anything - like me. I've had two that could however.. and I was extremely appreciative and did the same thing - wash dishes, set the table, whatever it takes. Absolutely love it.
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first housemate in Korea was sooooo bad, that I am currently living on my own now.
katydid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwiboy_nz_99 wrote:
I live with myself and I'm friggin' terrible, I piss myself off pretty much every day and I can fly off the handle at the slightest thing. I'm just about ready to move out.

Let me guess...it's you inner self that leaves its socks on the floor, piles dirty dishes in the sink and won't take out the garbage. Wink
little mixed girl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by little mixed girl on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
rapier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lived with an American teacher last time. Not bad, but he was a fascist about keeping the apartment spotless, got a bit tiring after a long day at work to come home to him wingeing about pots and pans...
david brent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live with a middle aged Canadian guy, who used to get the cr@p kicked out of him on a regular basis by his midget philipino wife.....ahh happy days!
Cthulhu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I had friends for flatmates when I first came here, in the past I've had three chances to have strangers (er, foreigners) as flatmates and refused all, adamantly. Stayed in upscale yogwans instead and never regretted it after hearing these guys bitch about each other at work. Thank god I never have to do that again.
kiwioutofthenest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he dosn't know where to go to the toilet so he just shiits all over the house but he licks my toes when im on the PC so it even out Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: