Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

police checks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazy tigger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: police checks Reply with quote

Sorry, this is a dumb question but are police checks part of the application procedure? It can take weeks in the UK to get one done sp I wasn't sure if I should do one now even without any job offers.
Peter Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Police check Reply with quote

Hi there,

Police checks are NOT needed to get a visa. Public schools will want one but you should be able to stall them. Often they want teachers SO quickly that they will "wait" for some things. I never gave a police check for my last public school job. I was in Vietnam at the time and getting one wasn't easy. I delayed and never heard about it again.

Good luck.
davehere22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im from ireland. i called the "garda[/i]" today because i applied for a check about a month ago and still have not got one. They told me that they dont do one unless its for a visa. So that will have to do me. But they lost my all my details. So I have to give all the info again. And wait 10 days. And time is running out.
Dont expect one quick if your in Ireland anyway.
Julius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Police check Reply with quote

Peter Jackson wrote:
Hi there,

Police checks are NOT needed to get a visa. Public schools will want one but you should be able to stall them. Often they want teachers SO quickly that they will "wait" for some things. I never gave a police check for my last public school job. I was in Vietnam at the time and getting one wasn't easy. I delayed and never heard about it again.

Good luck.

In hindsight its amazing nobody raised any red flags at what this dude was saying
MarionG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything particularly suspicious in what he was saying. In the earliest weeks of looking on Dave's, thinking about coming to Korea, I asked my local police department about a police check, and they told me thay charged $500.00

My most serious lifetime "crimes" have been a couple of speeding tickets, but I would have delayed a LONG time to avoid paying $500!
bacasper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Police check Reply with quote

Julius wrote:
Peter Jackson wrote:
Hi there,

Good luck.

In hindsight its amazing nobody raised any red flags at what this dude was saying

What red flag? The guy had a police check (as he stated in another thread) AND clean record.
cruisemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Police check Reply with quote

bacasper wrote:
Julius wrote:
Peter Jackson wrote:
Hi there,

Good luck.

What red flag? The guy had a police check (as he stated in another thread) AND clean record.

Yeah, Julius is an idiot. What hind sight isn't 20/20?... Moron! Rolling Eyes
spliff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No "red flag"....dude didn't have a record anyway plus, while I had one done for my job, I've heard many other PS teachers say they never got around to doing one. I think you're reading too much into that post, IMHO... Very Happy
RokofKangnam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spliff wrote:
No "red flag"....dude didn't have a record anyway plus, while I had one done for my job, I've heard many other PS teachers say they never got around to doing one. I think you're reading too much into that post, IMHO... Very Happy

Keep strong brother !
spliff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep strong about what exactly? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: