Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

still think Koreans are conservative?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I read it I just thought , "My God, how very Korean, using a matchmaker, and going to a noraebang as foreplay!"

Exactly!
On the other hand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm curious what you really know about swinging ( wife-swapping being only a small subset of this rather large cultur in america ). Usually it's the male partner that initiates it, but usually it's the female partner that wants to go back. Women are far more in demand at the events and usually have a damn good time once they let their inhibitions go

Fair enough. As I say, the analysis was cribbed largely from a sociology textbook written in 1984(which basically treated wife-swapping and swinging as synonomous) plus a few other things I've read on the topic. The textbook was written from a marxist perspective and was by no means morally conservative, but if others have reached different conclusions based on their own experience or study, I'm certainly not going to say they're wrong.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a book which contains an analysis of swinging similar to the one I presented above:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0415929423/qid=1066388706/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-2962527-4025747?v=glance&s=books

I've read it and I recommend it.
qwunk89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay . . , i just read that all the couples involved won't face any charges because they are all married and consented to it; but, the article said the man was going to face charges for running an obscene/unappropriate business. And I suppose jujums, anmas, and especially red-light districts are fine? Where's the logic here? What I also thought was funny, is that i heard some of the partakers were doctors and university professours Shocked . Nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: