Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tip o' the Day: Easy Money for Weekend Debauchery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mack the knife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Tip o' the Day: Easy Money for Weekend Debauchery Reply with quote

Quote:
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Everyday you see sofas, closets, chairs, old stereos and all sorts of other goodies just sitting out in the sun, collecting dust. What you may not realise is that those items can be sold for cash-ola. How, you ask?

Near your apartment there will be one or several used furniture/appliance dealers. If you give them a call, they will come to your house, pick up the "garbage" you collected off the street, and hand over to you cash money.

Here's the catch:
It's got to be "quality" stuff. Quality items might include a sofa which isn't torn or dirty, refrigerators which are less than 5 years old, closet sets which aren't worse for wear, washers, etc. Bummer if you pick up something they don't want. At least they'll haul it away for free. And all you have to lose is a little elbow grease.

Happy hunting.
canuckistan
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otherwise known as "Dumpster Diving."
In Quebec, residential leases finish each year on July 1st.
Mass movement of the hordes= a plethora of discarded furniture and stuff to find on the curb. I furnished a good part of my cottage that way ie: wanted a couch people could sit on with wet bathing suits. Whatever we get sick of goes on the burn pile for some very entertaining pyrotechnics dislpays late at night.

Ever burned a chair? Very Happy
Squid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many moons ago I lived in Brixton council flat up top of a block, and one of my few pleasures in life was to shoot at the local teen-gangstas from our balcony with a slug pistol.

My friend and I decided to indulge one day (after some other indulgences) yet found we'd run out of slugs. No problem, load 'er up with matchsticks!
After finding little pleasure in this, however, I turned and shot one back through the opened sliding door, which disappeared inauspiciously behind the sofa.

Awhile later we smelt and saw smoke billowing around us and leaned out to see what we'd hit, nothing evidently, so we whiled a little longer.
Only when I eventually turned around did I gasp at the sight of a really well lit sofa quickly turning into an inferno.
After a complete fiasco involving dishwater, dishes and dishbowl being flung on it we got it out and the place was never the same...

I have no respect for furniture. I know it burns well.

Squid
rapier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats nothing. i burned down a hay barn at the age of 14.
shevek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set fire to the dorm next to me when I was a freshman. The fire department put it out though.
Also, all my furniture except my bed mat is from the streets near my apartment. I only have two pieces of furniture though.
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes.....

yet another post that has degenerated into meyham.......

Welcome to Dave's ESL cafe Koren Discussion Forum!
shevek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kyle, it did start out with the words "debauchery" and "easy" so I think it's not unexpected.
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I burnt down my neighbor's hedge when I was a kid with a misguided firework. Flames 15 ft high. Damn that 4th of July!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: