Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A LOT of visa questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: A LOT of visa questions. Reply with quote

1. F2-1. Do I need 30 million won in the bank to get it? Some people have that they got it without the 30 million. My wife called the immigration office and they said that since she will be my sponsor that we need 30 million. Not there quite yet.
On another note, I have been told that an F2-1 holdermust go through an interview to be approved to work. If anyone has gone through such an interview, could you tell me what that involves? Seems likemore hassles than getting an E2.

2. If I do end up getting it, are there any problems with work? My wife asked them if I can work with it. They said to ask later. Why the hell wouldnt they be able to answer that question now? If someone has the F2-1 please tell me if you had any hassles getting approved for work. Especially what that interview involves.

3. How do schools look at someone with an F2-1. From what Ive read it gives the worker a lot more freedom. Would schools turn me down just so they can get an E2 slave?

4. If I dont get the F2-1 visa Im gonna come back on a tourist visa after our vacation and I will look for a job then. Any one had any hassles getting into the country on a tourist visa without a return ticket? Should I buy a ferry ticket to Japan before I leave? As a Canadian I can be here for 6 months on a tourist visa, so it seems that they wouldnt be so strict about the return ticket. Visiting my wife's family should be a credible reason to be coming here. But who knows about this country, they dont even tell you what the rules about woring with an F2-1 are. Anyone had any hassles coming in here on a tourist visa without a return ticket?How doyou get the tourist visa? At some embassy before getting on the plane,or when entering the country?

Also, whats the chance that the airline will give me hassles about boarding a plane for Korea if its only a one way ticket? Anyone have this kind of experience?
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.embkoreain.org/en/visa_kinds.htm

Visa info. for Korea (I just posted this somewhere else, but here goes nothing).

Good luck finding what you need.

If you don't, ask again.

I hope it was helpful.
Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one knows?
Horangi Munshin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You don't need 30 million in the bank for a F2-1 visa.

I didn't need an interview to get work. I got permission to "engage in activities not covered by status of sojourn" i.e a visa to work, just needed the same stuff as for an E2.

My immigration dude said I can work at two places only. I'm not completely sure about this, someone else said there isn't a limit.

My boss doesn't like the fact I can leave without a release letter, but there is a giving notice clause.

I don't know about the tourist visa thing.

I hope everything works out for you.
billyJO

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was issued a three month Korean Visa (tourist) Smile with nothing to do about any bank account. all i did was booked myself in COEX Intercontinental Hotel in down town seoul, when the hotel confirmed, i included it in my application for visa. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyJO wrote:
I was issued a three month Korean Visa (tourist) Smile with nothing to do about any bank account. all i did was booked myself in COEX Intercontinental Hotel in down town seoul, when the hotel confirmed, i included it in my application for visa. Razz

He was inquiring about an F2 (married to a Korean) residence visa. It has none of the restrictions that we mere foreign worker mortals have.

You are talking about a C3 tourist visa.

Teachers get an E1 (visiting professor) or
E2 (teacher of foreign languages) work visa.
Horangi Munshin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this thread brings back memories.

The info I posted 4 years ago is way out of date now!!!
davehere22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://english.tour2korea.com/01TripPlanner/EntryInfo/entry.asp?konum=1&kosm=m1_2
az

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so according to the information on the website posted above, as an Australian I am eligible to enter the country for a period of 90 days without a visa. However, it does not mention whether a return or forwarding ticket is required. Does anyone know if i'll need one to enter the country?? i plan on looking for a job once in korea. any help would be appreciated. thanks!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az wrote:
so according to the information on the website posted above, as an Australian I am eligible to enter the country for a period of 90 days without a visa. However, it does not mention whether a return or forwarding ticket is required. Does anyone know if i'll need one to enter the country?? i plan on looking for a job once in korea. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

You are required by Korean immigration law to have onward or return passage.

In practical terms, if the check in agent knows what she is doing, she will require you to have a ticket or not let you board. Simply be prepared to buy a refundable ticket out of Korea if neccessary.

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_website_client.cgi?SpecData=1&HEALTH=1&VISA=1&page=health&NA=AU&AR=00&EM=AU&PASSTYPES=PASS&DE=KR&selDest=Korea%28Rep.%29&selTrans=Use+ctrl-key+to+select+or+deselect+transit+point%28s%29+above&selVisi=Use+ctrl-key+to+select+or+deselect+visited+countries+above&Submit=Submit&user=NWB2C&subuser=NWB2C

People get through about 1/2 the time without a return ticket.
maricar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: C-3 visa Reply with quote

Hi,

Me and my friend are going to attend a workshop sponsored by KORDI in Geoje-do, Korea. I got my visa here in Sg, Im a student here while my friend is in Phil. She cannot produce some documents (i.e. Income tax return and bank account certificate) since she is new to her current job.

For the ITR, she needs 7 working days to get that. We are suppose to take the trip on 13 Oct 2007, that leaves her with only 5 days.

Does anyone knows how I can help her?

Regards,
Car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: