Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number One positive Topic of the week. - Koreans do give

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just because

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:20 am    Post subject: Number One positive Topic of the week. - Koreans do give Reply with quote

Someone commented how Koreans don't give money however the government is going to give 200 million dollars to Iraq. I think that is nice, however dissected it as you will Smile
http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200310/kt2003101720150212070.htm
just because

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i posted something positive about Korea and nobody says a thing, yet when there is something negative evryone is ready to bite and say how much korea sucks.
You guys are negative spirits.
masuro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any country really gives out of pure altruism but regardless of their motives it's nice that Korea is contributing to the reconstruction of Iraq. I wonder if the money is going directly to the Iraqi people or if it's going through the Americans first.
Students in school often raise money for disaster victims here in Korea and I've seen a few fundraisers for the poor in Africa and other countries. I think they make at least as much effort as the schools in my hometown did.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because wrote:

That's an understatement. Most people on this board could find something negative about a no-fat, sugar-free, non-cancer-causing, no aspertame, vitamin-chocked, great-tasting chocolate cake.
Hyalucent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because wrote:
So i posted something positive about Korea and nobody says a thing, yet when there is something negative evryone is ready to bite and say how much korea sucks.

I felt guilty about not responding to this, since it started over on the Real Reality thread as a bit of a challenge. This 200 Million will no doubt go right back into Korean companies. Only countries that sent troops to Iraq are being awarded contracts in the reconstruction, hence I also suspect is one reason Korea agreed to this.

The positive angle? More work for Koreans which will help the economy, and at the end of the day, Iraqis might get some of their schools and hospitals rebuilt.
Hyalucent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:

That's an understatement. Most people on this board could find something negative about a no-fat, sugar-free, non-cancer-causing, no aspertame, vitamin-chocked, great-tasting chocolate cake.

I bet it sticks to the roof of your mouth, doesn't it? Evil or Very Mad
Ryst Helmut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
just because wrote:

Yep, it tastes like ass, despite the great-tasting comment! AND, it's not sold in Korea.

Shoosh,

Ryst (the - One)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: