Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Extension What Do I Do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necktie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Visa Extension What Do I Do? Reply with quote

I started with a school last April who hired 2 foreign teachers but for some reason, decided they only need one teacher--2 weeks after the visa run for both of us. I decided to leave and went to another hakwan in the same city near Seoul. There were no problems transferring to the other school.

The long and short is that my work visa expires on April 9th and my contract is up on April 22. Someone told me you have to apply for an visa extension, what is it exactly and how do you go about getting one in Seoul? Thanks!
Smile
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I was taken by my school to the immigration office for my area(which was Daejeon) and paid about 30,000 won to get an extension. You might only get a one-month extension.

Be careful...make sure you get a stamp from the immigration office in your visa! If you don't have something in your passport stating the extension in some way, don't leave the office.
Rand Al Thor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you also need to bring a ticket out of the country as proof that you are leaving.
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will get a one month extension by just walking in with the papers. They will call the school. Make sure that you have the telephone number and somebody in charge at the other end. That is if they are in a good mood.
You might prepare for takeoff, but I think they will give it to you.
thinker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Busan I got my visa extended from Nov. 24-Dec.15th, all i had to do was give her my reservation numbers for my flights out of korea, she stamped my alien card(not my passport) and didn't call the school, or charge me any money>>> Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: