Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is needed for an E2 extension???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just because

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: What is needed for an E2 extension??? Reply with quote

Only have about 2 weeks left on my E2 visa and will be changing it over to an F2 very soon...

However due to certain circumstances(namely that my wife is in America at the moment) I can't change to my F2 for about 2 or 3 weeks..

So what do I need to take to immigration for an E2 extension and would they be Ok if i showed up the day before my E2 visa was up and did it????
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong on this, but I think you are supposed to go in a month before the expiry date.
kprrok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it so you can keep working, you need to take:

1.) Your passport and ARC
2.) Your contract showing the new expiration date.
3.) Your school's business registration papers
4.) Completed application form
5.) 30,000 won in stamps.

You should be fine if you take it in the day before it expires, but I'd check. I know you can do it at earliest 90 days before it expires.

Total time in the office should be less than 45 minutes unless there's a long wait.

KPRROK
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What is needed for an E2 extension??? Reply with quote

just because wrote:
Only have about 2 weeks left on my E2 visa and will be changing it over to an F2 very soon...

However due to certain circumstances(namely that my wife is in America at the moment) I can't change to my F2 for about 2 or 3 weeks..

So what do I need to take to immigration for an E2 extension and would they be Ok if i showed up the day before my E2 visa was up and did it????

For your E2 to be extended you need to show a contract that shows a completion date beyond the expiry date of your ARC.

You will also need a copy of your employers business registration, a guarantor paper form from them, your ARC, passport, application form and 30k won application fee.

You can extend for UP TO one further year.

You should do it within the last month of your ARC but MORE THAN 3 days before your expiry. They prefer a week ahead of your expiry.

After your wife arrives you simply change from your E2 to your F2 even though it may have many months left remaining - no worry and it takes the time pressure off.

If your job finishes before your wife returns you can show cause to remain in the country and change from an E2 to a G1 while you wait for your wife to return then change to an F2.
just because

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If your job finishes before your wife returns you can show cause to remain in the country and change from an E2 to a G1 while you wait for your wife to return then change to an F2.

Never heard of a G1 visa before.....
To do this what would I need to do???
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because wrote:
Quote:

Never heard of a G1 visa before.....
To do this what would I need to do???

Show justifiable cause to be here.

G-1 Status (Other
A. The Object of Visa Issuance

This visa is available to foreigners who are not eligible for A-1 status through F-3 and H-1 status, but who desire to stay in Korea over 91 days.)

* A person who is scheduled to stay no longer than 90 days in Korea for the purpose of the above activity is involved in the category of short-term visitors (C-3).

http://www.moj.go.kr/HP/ENG/eng_03/eng_306030.jsp
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kprrok wrote:
To make it so you can keep working, you need to take:
1.) Your passport and ARC
2.) Your contract showing the new expiration date.
3.) Your school's business registration papers
4.) Completed application form
5.) 30,000 won in stamps.

I went down there last week with that but they gave me another form and sent me BACK to my school. Oish.

As the other poster notes:

Quote:
You will also need a copy of your employers business registration, a guarantor paper form from them, your ARC, passport, application form and 30k won application fee.

Below is the guarantor form. Print out the image and give it to your whitey wrangler. They should be able to figure out the form. I'm sure it's downloadable from the immi site:

mindmetoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay just got my E2 extended with the documents listed here.

That is:

new contract (in english)

photocopy of the business license

sponsorship form, pictured above (likely available for download)

application form (available at immi, for you to complete) with 30,000 won in revenue stamps attached at the bottom (you need to buy these first from the booth lady before you get to the application desk).

Show them your passport, ARC, and the forms above. They take your ARC and paperwork and return your passport immediately. Then you wait for about 15 minutes. Then they give you back your ARC with the new exit date written on the back. There is nothing marked in your passport. Also note, as of Oct 8, 2007, you don't need to provide:

- university degree
- transcripts

for your E2 extension with the same school. However, since this IS Korea, things can change. I brought my original degree just in case but they didn't ask for it.

Note the new jongno office those who live north of the river:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=100421
krjames

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing marked in your passport.

That's a relief. My boss jsut did my visa extention today and when she gave me my passport I was rather concerned at the complete absence of anything showing I would still be legally in the country after my present visa expires....

Sadly didn't have the cash on me so will have ot go myself to renew the multi-entry bit. Sad
Of course might have had to be present for that anyway.
crusher_of_heads

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sticky thread pleaseuh
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusher_of_heads wrote:
sticky thread pleaseuh

I was thinking the same thing but I guess its already buried in the FAQs section.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=3189
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: