Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sly look
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mithridates

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. It's held some three or so times a year, and is quite cheap. It costs 11000 for the lower levels, 15000 for the higher ones, and 35000 for the highest. There are eight levels and the amount of hanja you have to know is as follows:
lv 8 - 50
lv 7 - 150
lv 6 - 300
lv 5 - 500
lv 4 - 750
lv 3 - 1000
lv 3II - 1400
lv 3 - 1807
lv 2 - 2350
lv 1 - 3500

I think that's about right. A month or so before the test is the difficult part, because you have to find the place to apply, and they only do it for three days, usually on a weekday, and you'll have to go to a university somewhere to do it. I live in Sanbon so I did mine at Hansei Univ. down here, but depending on where you live you'll have to go somewhere else. The good thing is that you won't have to go far to take it. People in Shinchon take it at a place close to Shinchon, people where I live take it at a place close to Sanbon, and so on.
Most of the people taking it are kids so it might feel a bit awkward but that's the way it is I guess. Wink
As for study materials, you can find them at just about any bookstore. A textbook usually costs 10000W, and usually it's best to pick up two or three for variety...
I'll be back in Korea the end of the month and if you can come down to Sanbon I can even show you some things in person, so pm me if you wish.
As for the characters being different, at least they're usually different in the same way. One part of a character that looks different in Korean will differ in the same way in another character as well if you know what I mean...I think Korea should simplify their hanja though if they want to start using them in daily life again though.
Starperson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always read over each other's shoulders. If you're writing they try to read it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: