Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you dislike it so much, why do you stay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: money Reply with quote

Derrek wrote:
GlowStickGirl wrote:
i dunno, possibly because these people have no where else to go? judging by many of the posts, many of those who come to teach here were not doing so hot in their native countries in terms of jobs (dead end careers, or no careers at all). or then again, perhaps these folks are just bitter people, and have nothing else to do but to complain to others in their free time. who knows, maybe they complained twice as much in their homelands and korea is the lesser of two evils.

I was an award-winning TV Producer at a top-ranked affiliate for eight years. I had a house, car, motorcycle, etc. I got sick of it.

The USA is a great country, but it was boring. Boring, boring, boring. After work, I went home and watched TV. That or, I went out with friends to the same old boring places: the mall, the cookie-cutter bars which cost too much $$$ and had fat ugly women with attitudes (and closed at 1am)-- need I say more?

Korea, for all its faults, is a fun Hell to live in. I only teach about 15 to 20 hours a week, but am saving three times as much as back home. I'm trying to learn Korean, which is a fun challenge. The women are damn hot, and there are some nice ones in between the hoes and "teach me English for free" types.

Don't you dare assume that I didn't have a life back home, because I did, and I can get it back when I return. But for now, I'm enjoying life too much.

BUT you are right... there are a LOT of unemployable losers here who are only around for easy work and easy Korean girls.

Hmm, were you in LA? LA has a lot of pretty women but most of the guys told me to avoid SoCal women like the plague. The really gorgeous ones play the prude until they hit 30 and the like.

Have you noticed that making 1.5 mln to 2.0 mln won a month in Korea does not seem to affect the quality of the social life column? Oftentimes in the US, you HAVE to drop large to have fun but in Korea, you don't (as evidenced by the bars in Sinchon with W1,700 bottled beers and W2,000 won shots of tequila). It's funny how so many foreigners label Korea as materialistic when many people here are judged by what kind of car they drive or clothes they wear.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love some things about Korea and hate others. So I blow off steam about the things I hate and sit back and enjoy the things I love.

I love working with elementary school kids.
I hate working with unreasonable hogwon bosses.
I love some of the colleagues I have met in Korea.
I hate the mentally ill co-workers and roommates I have been subjected to.
I love Korean food.
I hate having to constantly explain to restaurant workers and other Koreans that yes, I can gladly eat their food.
I love being able to go to the doctor for W4,000.
I hate being given unidentified medicine for an unidentified condition.
I love PC Bangs.
I hate the smoke in PC Bangs.
I love traveling.
I hate having to constantly explain to Korean immigration officials and others (that would be Air Canada agents,) that yes, I can come and go as I am attempting to do on the visa which they issued to me.

I can't come up with any other things I hate here. I could go on and on about what I love, but I don't have any great need to vent that here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: