Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Get an F-4 Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandcmoeller925

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: How would an adoptee acquire the F-4 visa? Reply with quote

I was born in South Korea and was adopted by an American family when I was 9 years old. Can someone enlighten me on exactly what I would need to do to acquire the F-4 Visa and how long I should expect for this process to take? Also, what exactly would I need since I'm now dealing with adoption papers? Thank you!
ESL Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should contact GOAL, they will help you with all that.

Email: [email protected]
Office: Hongdae
Street: Mapo-gu Seogyo-dong 363-20 3rd Floor
City: Seoul, South Korea
gkim06

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

hi, i'm a korean american born in the US with parents of korean descent. I asked my mom about the hojuk deungbon but she said that she doesn't remember because it's been 30 years since she arrived...same with my dad. We live in san diego (about 2 hours from LA). my mom was adopted and my dad came with his dad and family. Can they just fill out a form that denounces their korea citizenship or do they also have to get a copy of the family register? Where can we get a copy of it?

I went to the korean embassy in LA and the lady wasn't much help when i asked her these questions...she just kept smiling and shrugging (i wish i could get paid by the government to do that all day). anyways, i would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out. This is pretty much the only thing that i need to do to get an f-4 visa.

Much thanks!
victorology

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the hojuk deungbon at various offices in Korea. They use a computerized system.
gkim06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: thanks but... Reply with quote

victorology wrote:
You can get the hojuk deungbon at various offices in Korea. They use a computerized system.

Is there anywhere in the states (US/CA) that I can get it from? or is it only in korea? THanks! =)
Yaya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

gkim06 wrote:
hi, i'm a korean american born in the US with parents of korean descent. I asked my mom about the hojuk deungbon but she said that she doesn't remember because it's been 30 years since she arrived...same with my dad. We live in san diego (about 2 hours from LA). my mom was adopted and my dad came with his dad and family. Can they just fill out a form that denounces their korea citizenship or do they also have to get a copy of the family register? Where can we get a copy of it?

I went to the korean embassy in LA and the lady wasn't much help when i asked her these questions...she just kept smiling and shrugging (i wish i could get paid by the government to do that all day). anyways, i would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out. This is pretty much the only thing that i need to do to get an f-4 visa.

Much thanks!

For the last time, it's RENOUNCE, not denounce, r-tard!
gkim06

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

Hmm...last time? sorry but i don't remember a first time...

btw...if this is your idea of helping somebody out then please, refrain yourself next time. thanks!
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

btw...if this is your idea of helping somebody out then please, refrain yourself next time. thanks!

I sure hope you won't teach English in Korea if your postings are any indication of your English ability.
gkim06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

I sure hope you won't teach English in Korea if your postings are any indication of your English ability.

Although you were correct about using the term "renounce", I found the tone of your comment to be quite unnecessary in a forum designed for more pleasant exchanges.

I just hope there are anger management courses wherever you are located.

Thank you for the correction.

P.S. "R-tard" is a politically incorrect term. I'm surprised to find one so literate as yourself making such an elementary mistake.
Yaya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

Although you were correct about using the term "renounce", I found the tone of your comment to be quite unnecessary in a forum designed for more pleasant exchanges.

P.S. "R-tard" is a politically incorrect term. I'm surprised to find one so literate as yourself making such an elementary mistake.

I'm not into PC crap like you are, just calling a spade a spade (and short people should be called "short," not vertically challenged, get my drift?). And I'm not angry, I just don't want Korea to get yet another idiot to teach English.

I think you need remedial English classes more than I need anger management classes.
gkim06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

I'm not into PC crap like you are, just calling a spade a spade (and short people should be called "short," not vertically challenged, get my drift?). And I'm not angry, I just don't want Korea to get yet another idiot to teach English.

I think you need remedial English classes more than I need anger management classes.

You seem like you've been in Korea for some time and I understand the frustration you feel about inadequate instructors presuming they have the ability to teach others what they themselves are not qualified for.

However, I do take offense to the fact that you've grouped me in this category based upon the misuse of one word in one message posted in a casual forum.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your correction and hope that any future discussion with you will be of a more pleasant nature.
Yaya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hojuk deung bon...family register? Reply with quote

gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:
Yaya wrote:
gkim06 wrote:

Much thanks!

You seem like you've been in Korea for some time and I understand the frustration you feel about inadequate instructors presuming they have the ability to teach others what they themselves are not qualified for.

However, I do take offense to the fact that you've grouped me in this category based upon the misuse of one word in one message posted in a casual forum.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your correction and hope that any future discussion with you will be of a more pleasant nature.

Whatever, r-tard.
davidcool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Question re: my parents renouncing their Korean citizens Reply with quote

arpeggi wrote:
My parents never officially renounced when they became U.S. citizens (early-1980s) so I need for them to fill out a form which has them renounce their Korean citizenship before I can proceed forth w/ my F4.

My question: does their renouncing have any substantive legal effect on them or is this just procedural? (correct me if i'm wrong, but Korea doesn't recognize dual citizenships; thus my parents are solely U.S. citizens).

Can anyone provide an answer to arpeggi's question?
My girlfriend's parents don't want her to get an F-4 visa if renouncing their Korean citizenship will affect them in any negative way. Everyone else is telling her to get the F-4 visa now while we're still in the U.S. We don't have jobs lined up yet in Korea.

Does it matter which Korean Consulate she goes to for the F-4 visa?
We're currently staying with her parents in Pennsylvania, so the closest one would be in New York. However, our mailing address is in Georgia and we're not sure when we're going back.

Any relevant information would greatly be appreciated! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mnb05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Question re: my parents renouncing their Korean citizens Reply with quote

davidcool wrote:
arpeggi wrote:

Can anyone provide an answer to arpeggi's question?

I second that, if anyone can be kind enough to answer this!

Oh and.. Happy Holidays everyone! Very Happy
Michael Scott

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i contacted the korean consulate here about the f-4 but was simply informed to do it in korea. i'm leaving to korea in a few weeks and have a question:

i was born and raised in the states and my mom is a US citizen. if my father is still a korean citizen am i not eligible for the f-4?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: