Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Siheung

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monty_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Siheung Reply with quote

Anybody know what Siheung (in Seoul) is like?
I've accepted a job at a school there, and wondered whether anybody knows anything about the place.

Cheers,

Monty
gilgamesh

Location: Always just more than an arms reach from where I want to be... well, Seoul actually.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stayed there a couple of times... It is about a 10 minute taxi ride to Oido (last subway stop South on the blue line..) and from there an hour or so into the heart of Seoul.

Siheung is quite small and you may find it a little boring, but there are many places nearby along the subway line (Ansan being an example..), and it is near to Incheon as well (a bus ride..). I am not sure how long on the bus as I never made that trip, but there is Incheon city and the islands and stuff to visit in that direction...

There is a small amusement park there - rollercoaster and things.. There are some good seafood restaurants there as well. It is next to the "ocean" (actually an inlet from the ocean..) and there are fishing boats based there.

There a large yeogwan quotient as well, and they are very colourful at night... I had never seen the Statue of Liberty until I went to Siheung...
Eazy_E

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Siheung Reply with quote

Actually I'm presently living in Siheung. It's more of a district than a town. There is a main city (the one that the previous poster discussed), but I live in a small town where I am the only foreigner. There are other English teachers living in a larger community10 mins. away by bus. Getting to Seoul involves a bus ride to either Ansan or Bucheon stations, where you can then take the train into the city. It's quite a long trip (an hour +) but still worthwhile.

Feel free to get in touch by email.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: