Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incheon Expat bar?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnJef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Incheon Expat bar? Reply with quote

I just moved to Incheon, and I'm told that the big expat bar is "Goose Goose," now I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where it is. Also, if there's any other good expat bars in town, that'd be nice to know.

Oh, and if there's anyone in Incheon who'd like to grab a drink (or ten) with a new arrival -- just pm me or email me or post here or whatever.

~Jef
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being resident in incheon for some months I don't know the exact location of the goose goose except that it's near the starbucks at bupyeong station.

Try giving Son Deureo! or half_pint a PM for better instructions.

CLg
half_pint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are outside at Bupyeong station, you can see the Starbucks across the road. Get over to the Starbucks; it is on a corner. From the Starbucks corner, go left. Go right on the first road you come to. Look across the road and you will see a Baskin Robbins. Cross the road. Just to the right of Baskin Robbins is a little side street; go down this street (you will see a big red lit-up sign that says BOBOS in front of you). Go left on the first little side street you come to, and the Goose Goose will be on your left. Go there on a Wednesday or a Friday night and there should be quite a few people there, and there is a nice kiwi bartender. Don't order cheese and crackers there, ever.

I hope these directions aren't too confusing....best I can do with no street names. Have fun!
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing rumors about other expat bars in Incheon besides the Goose. Supposedly one near DongIncheon Station and another near Juan Station. Can anyone give more details and directions?
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it depends on what type of expats you want to meet- there are the 'Seamen's clubs' in Shimpo-dong (Inchon or Tong-Inchon stations)...
Son Deureo!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had other English teachers in mind, but now you've piqued my curiosity. What are the "Seamen's clubs"?
Gord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Deureo! wrote:
Well, I had other English teachers in mind, but now you've piqued my curiosity. What are the "Seamen's clubs"?

Companion bars for foreigners who aren't sexy caucasian English teachers. Usually overrun with people from India, the Philliphines, etc., and staffed with Russian girls who speak some English who will pretend to like you for 8000 Won a drink.
Ilsanman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

Dong-Incheon is the cheapest and dirtiest place in all of Incheon. And that says a lot.

I would stick to Goose Goose. It's decent.
indytrucks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dong Incheon rules, suckaz.

In the Shinpo market there are a few chicken hofs frequented by Russian sailors (watch for the signs in Russian) that can be good fun (not to mention great fried chicken) if there's a crowd of you and them. Man, can they drink some vodka. I was once told by a fellow named Vassily, who was from "the edge of the Black Sea", that I resembled the radio officer. Cool.

In front of Incheon station is the entrance to Chinatown (not far from Dong Incheon proper) where there are at least half a dozen TOP CLASS Chinese restaurants. Best Chinese food I've ever had in Korea (ie. the bonafide sh*t) not to mention great atmosphere and reasonably priced. The restaurants are all clustered near the Chinese foreign school.

There are also a few great bars in and around Dong Incheon station and Shinpo market. Off the main road from the station there's a sideroad with the obligatory soju bangs, but on the second floor of one of the buildings there a place called "Loss of Memory" that has one of the biggest collections of vinyl I've ever seen. Pretty cool atmosphere, but it's a bit small (ie. not the place for crowds). In and around these sidestreets and towards the market there are plenty of good restaurants and soju bangs, one in particular called "Gasoline" which is pretty good as far as soju bangs go.

Dong Incheon is the most underrated part of Incheon. Beats Chuan and Bupyong by a country freakin' mile. The only place that rivals it is Hagik-dong, near Inha.

Happy hunting.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hagik-dong? Pal Chun So [Kraftwerk], those were the days...
indytrucks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulsajo wrote:
Pal Chun So [Kraftwerk], those were the days...

No kidding. Pal Chun So was the sh*t back in the day. It's undergone a few transformations since (it's open now, but under a new name) but it isn't quite the same. Man, I had the biggest crush on one of the barmaids in there ... *SIGH*
Ilsanman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I guess Ddong Incheon is good if you want to go to a double barber poled business and get an ajumma for 30,000 won
indytrucks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: yes Reply with quote

Ilsanman wrote:
I guess Ddong Incheon is good if you want to go to a double barber poled business and get an ajumma for 30,000 won

Rolling Eyes *yawns*

Speaking from experience there, Potsie?
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: yes Reply with quote

Ilsanman wrote:

D'uh- everyone knows you go to the yellow house for that kind of stuff.
Ilsanman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: no Reply with quote

Nah I've got a Korean g/f.

Ddong Incheon got my 1st and last visit in June.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: