Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a little help? interpark sucks - dance musical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeoulShakin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: a little help? interpark sucks - dance musical Reply with quote

My boyfriend saw a poster last week for a dance performance simply called "dance musical" (or so he says). He knows I like these kind of performances, and would like to get tickets for us to go on Sunday. We've both done a million searches on the computer, and can't find anything. We're wondering if it's on interpark somewhere and we just can't find it (not so good at navigating Korean websites).

Could anyone here who has a more advanced ability in Korean see if they can find it on interpark and post a link to it? I would appreciate it very much. Once I have the link, I hope I can get tickets for myself, or else just open the link and get my Korean co-teacher to help me with ticketing tomorrow. I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! Smile
SeoulShakin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have finally found it on interpark, only to realize that it's basically impossible to purchase tickets on interpark unless you are Korean. Does anyone know any way around this? I definitely want tickets, but can't seem to find a way to purchase them. This is ridiculously inconvenient!
Smee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to register with interpark:

1) On the main page, click on 로그인 (login). You'll see a string of words/tabs on the top of the page, and 로그인 is on the left.

2) Since you don't have a name or a password, click the left tab under the password box labeled "회원가입."

3) After clicking you'll have a license agreement in front of you. Under each section you'll need to click the button "동의함" for "agree." At the bottom of the agreement is a spot for your name (고객명) and your ID number. You will input your name and the ID number on your ARC. Your name should be as it appears on the ARC (not case sensitive, though), and your ID number should be 13 letters if you're not a Korean citizen: 123456-1234567. Then click 확인.

4) If everything checks out, you'll now see an information page. In a box to the right of your name is a place for a login ID. Pick something. Then, you'll have your ID number. Below that is the spot for your address. This is a little tricky. Click on the box and you'll have a pop-up. In the pop-up you'll have a menu with "우편번호" (mail number), "동" (ward) "군구" (county or district) and "도시" (city). You'll use one of these tabs to find your mail number. My address is quite short, so this is what I did: I selected 군구 and typed in XX군 [sorry, privacy]. Then I got a list with a ton of administrative divisions. I found mine (동성리, which is the next spot in my address). That's all you're looking for: the next spot in your address. Then, in the next box you can type in additional pieces of your address.

5) Below the address are two spots for the telephone: first is "home number," next is cellphone. I just put in my cellphone for both, as I don't have a landline. Next it asks if you want to be receive SMS notification with your order information. The one below that asks if you want to be notified via SMS of sales, events, and such. Click 수신 for yes (수신하다 = to receive a message), or 비수신 for no.

6) Next, pick a secret number (비밀번호). Type it again. Below that you'll see a series of "hints." Choose one, and in the box to the right, type in the prompt that you'll receive via email.

7) Next, type in your email address. Type in the first part first, then select the domain name. Below you'll see four boxes, and it's aski8) ng you if you want to be notified of: shopping information, movies, CDs and DVDs, and travel. 수신 for yes, 비수신 for no.

Cool Below that is a space for another address: this is where they'll send the stuff. If you want your home address to be used, retype in your 우편번호.

9) Next is business phone number. If you choose to have stuff sent to your school, maybe type in the number of the receptionist. If not, you can use your cellphone.

10) Next is birthday, and it's asking you if you're using the solar (양력) or lunar (음력) calendar. Chances are you're solar.

11) Next is marital status. 미혼 is single, 기혼 is married. You can enter in your spouse's information, if you wish. 배우자 is "spouse," and there's a slot for his/her birthday.

12) Next is information about your career (직업), salary (월평균소득) and number of children (자녀수). To the right of salary is a menu for the highest level of education completed. 대졸 is for university, 대학원 이상 is for graduate school. Below that is information about your vehicle. But, you can leave all of those boxes blank, if you wish.

13) If you've forgotten anything, a pop-up will show you where. You'll also get a confirmation email . . . hang on to it.

Last edited by Smee on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of airplane tickets, you book them online and then you get a call from somebody at interpark finishing your purchase. You can't pay for airplane tickets online.

Not sure how it works for tickets or other things. It'd be great if you could just pay online. Let us know, please.
SeoulShakin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that was the most helpful post ever!
Thanks so much!
I'll try to register this afternoon at work when I have nothing to do. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a million! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: