Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which food do you miss the most???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, some posts here have my mouth watering!

since i like korean food, i'm not one to search for places to buy foods from home and pay 4 times the price for them.

here's what i miss that is findable here in seoul - though me thinks too pricey [drumroll]... avacados! i grew up (miami, fl.) with a tree in the back yard and as an adult (nyc/nj), the yummy mexican variety were scrumptious, cheap, and on my dinner table no less than 3 times a week.

i also miss conch rotis, trini style and middle eastern, fast food style.
peemil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIM TAMS! VEGEMITE! BURGER RINGS! VB! GOOD BREAD! CHEESE OF ALL SORTS AND TYPES! XXXX! FRESH OLIVES! CURRY POWDER! ROAST BEEF! CRACKLE FROM THE TOP OF A PORK ROAST!
crazykiwi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys

its been a while since writing here as well, just to darn busy! i was just back in new zealand for a well earned break, and well........i was pretty dissapointed as all the foods i thought i craved just didnt live up to the perch i placed them on. pies? well itaewonguy, after one or two of the old mobil corner pies i was well and truly over it, yeah i know there are much better pies out there but .....and all those other things like l&p, martmite, k-bars, etc, had all but lost there appeal. ahh, its better to dream than to have i guess.

but in saying all this, i definately didnt mind grandmas roast lamb and beef...and well any roast really. and...oh yeah, big fat inch thick peices of beef cheaper than a bic mac, oh the joys of home. and sea food, mussels, crayfis, oysters from the shell, fresh snapper, smoked trout and pipis and coockles dug yourself. i love my country!

btw....am now hangin out in frankfurt airport waitin for a mission to go to turkey for 11 days! oh yes, europe is treating me very well! ill be back in january to do it all agin! am i a sucker for punishment? nah, i just miss my kids so much. strange like that. over and out and go the all blacks on saturday. italy and the rest of the world are in for a hiding!oh yes!

laterz

crazy
Eazy_E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grilled cheese sandwiches, cheese and crackers, salsa and chips, brown beans, HP sauce, new potatoes, olive oil, microwave popcorn, real beer, real coffee, Cadbury chocolate (brought some of that along).
UnJef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chipoltle.
weatherman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had the biggest craving for good raisin bread, but now this feeling has gone.
SarcasmKills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy E.. EVERYTHING you mentioned that you miss can easily be had here!! of course, the beer thing might a little more difficult - depending on your preference, but everything else.. the salsa, HP sauce, etc.. can be found easily
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: