Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Runs ... Other
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Be prepared to show the person at the information desk (ground floor) all your documents before you are allowed upstairs.

What exactly (other than the passport photo ...thanks!) do I need on me when I get to the consulate?

Do you recommend the Olympia Hotel? Is there anywhere else you recommend staying in japan?
Thanks
B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone??

What else do I need....other than the issuance number, passport, and picture....does anyone else know what I need???

I'm leaving sunday...and would love these important questions answered\

thanks!
little L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the schools I interviewed asked if I would be willing to pay my own airfare to Korea, because the start date is really soon and I might not have time to get the E2 in time... I'd have to get the tourist visa, then do a run to Japan to get the E2 once I got there. Therefore, they don't want to have to pay for my trip there since they'd have to pay for the Visa run.

Does this sound reasonable??
goesslry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: no it isn't Reply with quote

no, that isn't resonable or acceptable, and I would turn down this school if they require it of you. The only reason they want you to pay it is so the boss can save some money. It is their problem that the visa process didn't get processed in time, thus, they need to be responsible both for your flight here, and your visa run trip. DO NOT PAY YOUR FLIGHT here. If they need you here right away, they should be willing to fork out the cash for your flight here and your visa run. Many hagwon owners try to cheat their teachers out of money this way, and it is not acceptable.
potin14p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone gone to Shanghai for their visa run? I have a friend there who can show me around, and that means free accomodation too, so i'm considering Shanghai over Japan for my visa run.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Cymro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in exactly the same situation - a friend in Shanghai and a new visa required. Any way to kill two birds with one stone?
kittyfye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want info on a Shanghai (or Taiwan) visa run. I contacted the Korean embassy in Shanghai, and I was told that it can take up to four days. When I asked if expedited service can be paid for, I was told to simply talk to the embassy personel when I submit my visa application; perhaps they will just expedite it for me.

I have an email address for the contact person:

[email protected]

If you get any more info, please share.

I have been to Shanghai twice before, and one can stay at any Motel168 for about $20 per night, maybe less. The one in which I have stayed is clean and comfortable--I think all of them are. I would give you that location but I have friends in Sh book for me, and I always forget those Chinese road names. Sorry. If you really need info from me, I can try to get info from friends in Sh. Just PM me.

now, how about info on Taiwan!
lugnaquilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: visa run to Shanghai Reply with quote

Hi Kittyfye,

I'm thinking of doing a visa run to Shanghai as well, at the end of March. Have you any more useful info on this? I also mailed the Korean embassy in Shanghai with the address you posted.

Cheers
kittyfye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOrry, friend, that's all the info I have on the visa process. Please share if you find out more.
turtle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: letter of release Reply with quote

Could anybody confirm that I just need these documents for a visa run to Japan?

1. Sealed university transcripts in an university envelope with the university stamp across the seal.
2. My degree certificate.
3. A police access form.
4. Legalisation confirmed letter for my police access form by the Foreign and commonwealth office in London.

Do I still need a letter of release or can I renew my visa in Japan without one (as I don't think my current director will give me one).
steveaziz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Visa run in Tokyo Reply with quote

I am here now doing a visa run and it has been a bit of a headache. The school I came to teach at in Seoul was garbage, went bankrupt and im suing. Thats besides the point. I found a job at like a teacher agency so i have to go to many schools. they want me to get a C-4 visa. The school said it was easy and takes three days.

To get there EXIT 2. NOT 7. walk straight next to olympic hotel. big building with korean flags on the roof. easy.

GET THERE BEFORE 9 am.
Today i went there at 10 am and took a number and sat down . noon came and they said i have to come back tomorrow. they dont accept applications after noon. even if you took a ticket before then. I told the lady that I have a flight home on wednesday and if i comeback tomorrow my visa wont be ready until thursday. she said yes that is right. ok wait? how can i fly with out a visa? not my problem. read the sign. ok i read it. i get it. the internet says they close at 4 nothing about not taking applications after noon. so i asked to talk to the boss. she wouldnt let me. i finally left in huff. dont do what i did. go early.

other than that tokyo is great.
fred_c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visa run to Manila, Philippines:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=133654

Visa run to Bangkok, Thailand:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=121189
citizen erased

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Visa run in Tokyo Reply with quote

steveaziz wrote:
I am here now doing a visa run and it has been a bit of a headache. The school I came to teach at in Seoul was garbage, went bankrupt and im suing. Thats besides the point. I found a job at like a teacher agency so i have to go to many schools. they want me to get a C-4 visa. The school said it was easy and takes three days.

To get there EXIT 2. NOT 7. walk straight next to olympic hotel. big building with korean flags on the roof. easy.

GET THERE BEFORE 9 am.
Today i went there at 10 am and took a number and sat down . noon came and they said i have to come back tomorrow. they dont accept applications after noon. even if you took a ticket before then. I told the lady that I have a flight home on wednesday and if i comeback tomorrow my visa wont be ready until thursday. she said yes that is right. ok wait? how can i fly with out a visa? not my problem. read the sign. ok i read it. i get it. the internet says they close at 4 nothing about not taking applications after noon. so i asked to talk to the boss. she wouldnt let me. i finally left in huff. dont do what i did. go early.

other than that tokyo is great.

why did it take more than 2 hours?
antgonz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Is this all I need for the Visa run to Japan?:

35mm x 45mm photo
Transcript
Issue Number
Passport

What subway station is it near?

How much Yen should I take?
crossmr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems like there are a lot of choices about where someone can go on a visa run (which is nice), and I realize airplane tickets can vary in price drastically from day to day, but where is generally the cheapest visa run? I'm thinking a ticket might be a little more to one place, but maybe hotels are dirt cheap in comparison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: