Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE JJC SUWON-OMOKCHUN-DONG near Suwon Women's College!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necktie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: BEWARE JJC SUWON-OMOKCHUN-DONG near Suwon Women's College!!! Reply with quote

I friend of mine who I used to work with got fired after 10 1/2 months, because "he was a bad teacher." By the psycho lady who owns the school, Junior Jung Chul Language School (JJC) in Omokchun-dong. The psycho in question is named Lee, Eun-ju and is BAD news.

I worked there for 2 months, and she asked me to recruit a teacher. I said OK and screened many people as well as made world wide phone calls on her behalf. I found a guy from South Africa who not only had been teaching computers for 4 years but had ESL certification. He sent his picture and he was a bit dark, but Miss Lee approved him. He came over on a ticket he purchased himself, and was fired the day he arrived because he was "too black." His father was Dutch and his mother was Indian (from India). She blamed me for this fiasco. I also got stiffed for the phone calls I made for her.

She hired the next guy (who was fired today) last March right before I quit. Not only does this bitch chronically lie about things, but she was deducting insane things from my pay as well as making accusations that weren't true. Like when I hired the "black guy, I knew he was black and was only trying to hurt her business." I saw the writing on the wall and bailed about 2 months into the contract.

To top all this off, Korean teachers come and go like flies from this place. There was a Kindergarten, but not now because the 3 Korean Kindergarten teachers she had quit because they got tired of her bullshit. She tried to cut the other teachers salary from 1.9 million to 1.5 million a month as well, which is very illegal--and she blamed hiim for the Korean teachers quitting as well.

I could go on about this place but I think you get the message. She's recruiting for another teacher now, and can be very nice when you first meet her. But claws and fangs come out quickly once you sign the contract tho. Beware! If you have any questions, contact me at:

[email protected]
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Jung Chul Suwon Reply with quote

This is not the first complaint about Jung Chul Suwon on ESL cafe, here are some other experiences people have had with this hagwon.

http://209.204.62.79/korea/index.cgi?read=113960
Jung Chul East Suwon Campus- Beware
Posted By: Been There Tried That
Date: Sunday, 24 March 2002, at 7:12 p.m.
Be careful of this one if you see it advertised. The school advertisement that I believed listed all sorts of goodies like Korean lessons, teacher sightseeing trips and happiness. The only teacher trip I got was a trip to the local bars in walking distance of the campus. The Korean lessons were so erratic that it became imposible to continue them. I wasn't happy.
The contract when you read it sounds really wonderful. They promise you will be paid in a timely manner (I had to remind them to pay me and even then got paid late more often then not.) They promise that if you don't like your apartment they will give you another. (I requested a new one for six months without luck.) They also promised a letter of release. (I'm still waiting.)
They found deductions from my pay when I finally quit that aren't listed in the contract. Like many Korean contracts you might as well use it to heat your freezing cold apartment.
I won't bother going through the weekly power trips and goofups that happened, just take it for granted they are there.
There are alot of good places out there that value their staff, try one of them and leave this one alone.

http://209.204.62.79/korea/index.cgi?read=132710133049
Suwon JJC-Beware!
Posted By: Mr. X
Date: Friday, 19 July 2002, at 9:14 p.m.
In Response To: JungChul English Junior - BE AWARE! (Alyssa G. Hamilton)
I see your phne prefix is 031, so you are in my area. I worked for JJC in Suwon in Omokchun-dong. The lady who runs the place (Eun-ju Lee) is psycho! When you first meet her, she seems nice but very quickly things turn around. This place can't keep teachers Korean or foreign, there is alot of stress in the air at all times and no-one likes it there. Needless to say, no-one stays very long.
Her family sneaks into your house and goes thru things, goes thru your mail,etc.. as well as flat out lies about pay, etc.. Miss Lee lies out of reflex--like she has somekind of pathological condition! She threatened to go to immigration to say one teacher threatened to kill her because she got pissed at him. Another teacher who flew from South Africa and paid his own way was recruited by her online and fired for being "black." within 2 hours of arriving in Seoul! (His mother was 1/2 Hindu and his father was Dutch.)
In short, this is a hell to avoid at all costs! They are seeking a new teacher now, so beware of this place unless you like aggrivation, loss of privacy and lied to ALL the time about everything!
regicide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Jung Chul Suwon Reply with quote

Lost Seoul wrote:
This is not the first complaint about Jung Chul Suwon on ESL cafe, here are some other experiences people have had with this hagwon.

http://209.204.62.79/korea/index.cgi?read=113960
Jung Chul East Suwon Campus- Beware
Posted By: Been There Tried That
Date: Sunday, 24 March 2002, at 7:12 p.m.
Be careful of this one if you see it advertised. The school advertisement that I believed listed all sorts of goodies like Korean lessons, teacher sightseeing trips and happiness. The only teacher trip I got was a trip to the local bars in walking distance of the campus. The Korean lessons were so erratic that it became imposible to continue them. I wasn't happy.
The contract when you read it sounds really wonderful. They promise you will be paid in a timely manner (I had to remind them to pay me and even then got paid late more often then not.) They promise that if you don't like your apartment they will give you another. (I requested a new one for six months without luck.) They also promised a letter of release. (I'm still waiting.)
They found deductions from my pay when I finally quit that aren't listed in the contract. Like many Korean contracts you might as well use it to heat your freezing cold apartment.
I won't bother going through the weekly power trips and goofups that happened, just take it for granted they are there.
There are alot of good places out there that value their staff, try one of them and leave this one alone.

http://209.204.62.79/korea/index.cgi?read=132710133049
Suwon JJC-Beware!
Posted By: Mr. X
Date: Friday, 19 July 2002, at 9:14 p.m.
In Response To: JungChul English Junior - BE AWARE! (Alyssa G. Hamilton)
I see your phne prefix is 031, so you are in my area. I worked for JJC in Suwon in Omokchun-dong. The lady who runs the place (Eun-ju Lee) is psycho! When you first meet her, she seems nice but very quickly things turn around. This place can't keep teachers Korean or foreign, there is alot of stress in the air at all times and no-one likes it there. Needless to say, no-one stays very long.
Her family sneaks into your house and goes thru things, goes thru your mail,etc.. as well as flat out lies about pay, etc.. Miss Lee lies out of reflex--like she has somekind of pathological condition! She threatened to go to immigration to say one teacher threatened to kill her because she got pissed at him. Another teacher who flew from South Africa and paid his own way was recruited by her online and fired for being "black." within 2 hours of arriving in Seoul! (His mother was 1/2 Hindu and his father was Dutch.)
In *beep*, this is a hell to avoid at all costs! They are seeking a new teacher now, so beware of this place unless you like aggrivation, loss of privacy and lied to ALL the time about everything!

Good thing I read this as I was just offered a job there!
PigeonFart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unbelievable the stuff that can go on in some hogwons.

What she did to that South African guy was disgraceful.
Lekker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDI pulled the same shit on another South African guy I met in training. It was so sick they actually told him in front of me that they didn't want to keep him, then right in front of him, they offered me his position.

*beep* hagwons. *beep* lying Korean businesspeople. *beep* everything.
cbclark4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice the difference between Public School problems v. Hagwan
problems.

PS - My principle said I will recive my severence after I leave the country
what should I do?

HW - My director fired me in the 11 month and is refusing to pay my
airfare, severence and last month rent, plus he deducted all kinds of
money from my check every month and I lived in shack next to a dung
heap and I had to heat the place with my contract (I had several copies).

Most of the PS problems I have seen were solvable.

I have even heard of the Education Office moving people to other school
because of conflicts with their first school.

The safety nets are there at public schools.

Most of the Hagwan Horror stories are first year experiences.

Those with experience seem to make out better at the Hagwan.
Canadians also do better at Hagwans for some reason
(Cheap Airfare and Six month tourist Visas aside).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: