Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No price on Xmas travel tickets?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratslash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go to tops travel in sinchon, above twosome place. the girls in there are always really friendly. i got a ticket from them for dec 27th no probs. i had to book it in advance (a month ago) but they didn't have the price. got a call on friday and paid for it saturday. the thing is (two years as a travel agent) even if you do get prices now the flights will be full.
Homer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was not being condescending Kyle, just having a bit of fun mate.

But, Gord was right abput agents not giving prices. That seems to be because they can't garantee the price of the ticket in advance (yes even a few weeks pior) hence they can't give you a quote.
This is far from being exclusive to korean travel agencies. My brother came to visit me in Korea last year and travel agents back in Canada would not give him a quote unless he was making a reservation and booking the flight in short order after that. This would fix the price as it was that day as the person put a reservation on it.
If you just want quotes, some agents back home will give them to you with the added comment that this price might and probably will be different by the next day.
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agents back home will hold a ticket for you for 24-48 hours at a set price. I have lots of experience with this as booking flights for incoming teachers was part of my past job.

The buddy that I'm going to travel with went to an agent today with cash in his hand and got the same response. "I'll book a ticket for you but I can't tell you the price". Go figure. I've always been able to get a price at home.
erlyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I talked to a travel agent about a month ago, and tried to book tickets to Japan over Lunar New Year. He said no problem, but I can't give you a price until later on. We asked, well, is it guaranteed we have a ticket? He said we're 100% confirmed for tickets, but that the wholesaler won't have a price for the tickets until December. We contacted him again today, and he said, yeah, you're still confirmed but I can't give you a price until later this month.

What I'd like to know is,

Are we definitely registered/booked on a flight to Japan, and we just don't what the price is yet?

or

Are we on a waiting list to be able to purchase a ticket when and if prices become available (if there are any seats left by that time)?

Because if it's number 2, I want to look at other options before it becomes waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late, as opposed to simply too late (now).
Does anyone understand how this works?
justagirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that this just happened to me!

I made a reservation, but no price would be told. I decided I wasn't happy with the travel agent, so 2 weeks later (when the prices would be released, so she said) I called another travel agency...the tickets were all sold out!

But, since I'd made a reservation with travel agency #1, I had to buy from them, or I wouldn't have a ticket at all. So, yes, in my case, if you make a reservation, it's yours. Do it early, even if they won't give you a price.

justagirl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: