Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diluting the urine
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunkenfud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Diluting the urine Reply with quote

This morning I had to give a urine sample for a drug test related to my new contract. I hadn't been expecting to give the sample today, so had been to the bathroom shortly before leaving for the hospital. As a result I had trouble producing the required amount, not helped by the fact that I'd been drinking last night and was thus a little dehydrated. Anyway, I managed about half of the required 50ml and, not wanting to hang around, topped it up with tap water.

Can anyone more science literate than me speculate as to whether this extra water will be detected in the tests and cause me problems later?

PS There was no chance of me failing the tests, unfortunately, given I've been in this weedless country for a year.
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Diluting the urine Reply with quote

drunkenfud wrote:
I managed about half of the required 50ml and, not wanting to hang around, topped it up with tap water.

Can anyone more science literate than me speculate as to whether this extra water will be detected in the tests and cause me problems later?

"Uh, sir. Your urine test showed you have heavy metal poisoning. Levels like this in one's bodily fluids is rare. Go back to your home country sir... Oh, you say you put tap water in the sample, well then, that's understandable. Still, go home and get some professional help. (You need it... water in a urine sample. Who does that?) "
Zaria32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will be detected. None of us pee water... it was a remarkably silly thing to do.

Whether that will cause you problems or not, I can't say. However, I seldom can produce the required amount, and simply turn in less. No one has ever said a word about it.
Lekker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody believes me when I tell them this. Trust me, it works.

Piss into the cup. Then, when nobody is looking, or even in the room, pour out 30-45% of the piss and replace it with WARM water. It needs to be WARM. If it is not WARM, then they will wonder why you have handed them a cup of cold piss. Too much water, and it will come up negative and diluted and they will ask you to do it again. Stick closer to 35%. Hope that can help.
Poemer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you OP. You made my afternoon.

Topped his urine sample off with tap water. . . Laughing That's going in the screenplay.
Bibbitybop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Diluting the urine Reply with quote

drunkenfud wrote:
This morning I had to give a urine sample for a drug test related to my new contract. I hadn't been expecting to give the sample today, so had been to the bathroom shortly before leaving for the hospital. As a result I had trouble producing the required amount, not helped by the fact that I'd been drinking last night and was thus a little dehydrated. Anyway, I managed about half of the required 50ml and, not wanting to hang around, topped it up with tap water.

PS There was no chance of me failing the tests, unfortunately, given I've been in this weedless country for a year.

Was this in Korea? Was the test for immigration? If so, the marijuana test has been dropped from immigration's requirements. How long have you been here? Hopefully you aren't smoking ganga in Korea.

People need to realize you have 90 days to do your in-Korea medical (including drug test) and get your ARC.
JJJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went a few months ago. Produced only a ml or two at most. They didn't care, they only need a drop for the blotter to turn red or yellow or green or whatever colour they need.
mrsquirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJJ wrote:
I went a few months ago. Produced only a ml or two at most. They didn't care, they only need a drop for the blotter to turn red or yellow or green or whatever colour they need.

I had much the same problem. I thought they wanted a sperm sample so I wacked off in the cup. They looked a bit concerned but I haven't heard anything back yet.
drunkenfud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibbitybop: Yeah it was in Korea and for immigration. I was also under the impression that the test wasn't required, but I was asked for it at Suwon immigration yesterday. It seems like the talk on this board about immigration being disorganised and misinformed has some merit.

mrsquirrel wrote:
JJJ wrote:

I had much the same problem. I thought they wanted a sperm sample so I wacked off in the cup. They looked a bit concerned but I haven't heard anything back yet.

At least you didn't top it up with liquid soap from the dispenser (or did you?)!
nobbyken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An exhausted client returned from the toilet and handed his 50ml sample cup to the waiting nurse.
Sighing, the nurse said, "Sir, it was a urine sample we wanted not a sperm sample." Smile
cj1976

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsquirrel wrote:
I thought they wanted a sperm sample so I wacked off in the cup. They looked a bit concerned but I haven't heard anything back yet.

If that's true, then it is one of the funniest things I've heard in ages! Very Happy Very Happy
Poemer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they wanted a stool sample, I had a heck of a time getting that sample cup lid to balance on the tapered end of my Mr. Hanky.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to do a stool sample, t'was not pleasant
Bibbitybop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
i had to do a stool sample, t'was not pleasant

This was not for immigration and you could've gone to a different hospital.

To all others: You have 90 days to submit the test results to immigration and get your ARC.

Drug test is required, marijuana test is not. Show immigration officers the Korean Immigration homepage.

In English, it says this:

Simplification of E-2 Visa documents

Click that link, and you get this:

Quote:
Simplification of documents in applying for an
E-2(Foreign language instructor) Visa

Starting from Mar. 15 2008, the Ministry of Justice decided to leave out the cannabinoid check on a medical record certificate and exceptionally accept the criminal record certificate verified by his/her consular officer(s) in Korea.

The Ministry of Justice has strengthened it's policies on checking the qualifications of E-2 visa holders by requiring the criminal record certificate, the medical record certificate and the interview with Korean consular officer(s) since Dec 15 2007.

As new policies were put in practice, some complaints have broken out such as inconveniences related to the Apostille certification and the cannabinoid check required for the application for foreign registration.

In order to improve the documentation system for an E-2 visa applicants who got the criminal record certificate issued from his/her home country while staying in Korea or came to Korea imminently without proper Apostille certification, the verification of the consul in Korea on the criminal record certificate will be also regarded as valid.

Besides, the valid period of the criminal record certificate will be extended from existing three months to six months.

In addition, those with the E-2 visa issued after Dec 15 2007 no longer need to submit the criminal record certificate to reissue the same type of visa while staying in Korea.

The Ministry of Justice also decided to remove cannabinoid test from the medical record certificate, which is to test drug taking of Marijuana.

The Ministry of Justice will keep monitoring on and gathering public opinion about E-2 visa system in order to provide Korean nationals with superior foreign language education.
agoodmouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people need to be slapped across the face with a belt.

Be an adult, drink a lot of water, and wait about 15 minutes. Yes, just 15 minutes -- for the purpose of providing a proper urine sample which won't be questioned later and make your fellow peers look like people who try to fool drug tests.

It's beside the point if it's "highly possible" to provide a urine sample with warm water diluted. What kind of pathetic life does a person lead when he/she has to do such a thing? But go ahead and risk your job and visa simply because you did not care more about your being in Korea to stay and wait 15 minutes.

(I question the intelligence of those who post glaringly obvious, borderline criminal things on this message forum. This whole message thread can only be used against you and us fellow teachers here in Korea.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: