Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

national health insurance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canuckistan
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your boss doesn't want to pay his share. He also doesn't want to alert the Pension Office (and pay that share too) which happens automatically upon registering a foreign teacher with the National Health Plan.

What deductions are they making from your pay at work?
If they tell you one is "pension", it's a load.
wylde

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in hospital for 5 days for a stomach thing. when the time came to pay, the total was 680 thou or close to that.. i paid about 400,000 and that is when i found out the insurance is pretty useless... it doesn't cover ultrasounds, doesn't cover this or that either.. procedure was simple enough, show the book and pay the cash.

having said that, getting a prescription and having it filled offers a reasonable discount.. this is the white booklet kind of insurance..

if i was a healthy young lad again it would prolly be a waste of money but it does offer some relief in case of accidents..

i dont have much knowledge about the rules here but i would assume if it is in your contract and you don't have it, it is a breach.

heres an idea, lie... go to the doctor, spend some money, take the receipts to your boss and say you will need some drugs because this, although not serious will be ongoing.. say "boss, i'm gunna have to buy this stuff... i need to have the insurance"
prairieboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the deductions I'm making at work. Only income tax at the moment. My employer though doesn't have to worry about pension just yet because we have fewer than 5 full time employees so it is not mandatory to enroll in the pension scheme...yet.

I've got all the information I need about enrolling. I know where to go and what to bring and I can do it by myself then just give him the bill. It's in my contract and my boss knows not to mess around with me or he'll find all of his teachers will have left.

I agree with wylde that it's a waste of money for someone who is healthy and not experiencing any health problems. I'm healthy but participate in a sport in which I could be seriously injured. So needless to say, I'd rather have the insurance and a smaller hospital and medication bill.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: