Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does a girl wear??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-dos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the love of god, does any one know where i can buy a white button up dress shirt that is long enough to tuck in?? this seems to be the most elusive piece of clothing ever. the ones i find are either too short to tuck in or have some crazy frills on them. i just need basic one that doesn't look like a box and is long.
ds_fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were you, id just stick to what you wear at home. your not korean, so stay proud of your background. if you see korean clothes you like, go get them. its all up to you.

if i dressed like a korean id feel uncomfortable. your only a foreigner, visiting the country
ms.catbc

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to singing in a wedding next week and i need a something to wear

i am not a small girl...

just a curvy one that needs to look good

is my only option itaewon?
eac02

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has been discussed to death but I still have a few questions.
(I'll be living in Seoul but I don't know where yet.)

1) Bras and underwear- are B cups really that hard to find (I do not like heavily padded bras)? Why does everyone say bring lots of underwear, what is wrong with the underwear the korean girls wear?

2) Is it easy to find a good tailor/ what do they usually charge? How about dry cleaners, what are their prices like?

3) Blazers/ suit jackets- I've read post by guys talking about suits but what about girls. I have a lot of suit separates and cute blazers (not super dressy), do women teachers wear stuff like this?

4) Nylons/ tights- what are the rules with skirts and dresses? Are bare legs okay? What do most women wear?

5) Open toe shoes- acceptable or unacceptable?

I don't want to pack stuff that I'm never going to wear so thanks in advance for any help.
n�fara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eac02 wrote:

1) Bras and underwear- are B cups really that hard to find (I do not like heavily padded bras)? Why does everyone say bring lots of underwear, what is wrong with the underwear the korean girls wear?

I don't think B cups would be impossible to find, but I'm not sure about the labelling system. To be honest, I bought quite a few on sale before I came over, haven't had to worry about it here, and have been quite happy.

eac02 wrote:

3) Blazers/ suit jackets- I've read post by guys talking about suits but what about girls. I have a lot of suit separates and cute blazers (not super dressy), do women teachers wear stuff like this?

Certainly you can wear suit separates and blazers, in fact there is a lot of variety in what I've seen women teachers wear. For some reason, last year frills were the hot fashion item. They are not usually my thing, but when I wore one semi-frilly shirt I got heaps of compliments.
I'd recommend wear what looks nice, professional, and what you are comfortable in.
One thing to avoid would be the low necklines, though.

eac02 wrote:

4) Nylons/ tights- what are the rules with skirts and dresses? Are bare legs okay? What do most women wear?

I've seen both bare legs and nylons/tights. I think it would depend on the weather.

eac02 wrote:

5) Open toe shoes- acceptable or unacceptable?

In school you will likely be wearing some sort of slipper with a large band across the foot and open toes. All the students wear slippers too.
Definitely open toes are acceptable

eac02 wrote:

6) Swimsuits- Should I bring my bikinis with or can I find cute ones there?

Do you like skorts/wraps attached to your swimsuits? No? You might want to bring your own.
trish91198

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely will NOT be packing light. I pretty much knew buying clothes in Korea wasn't going to be an option for me, and reading this just made it that much clearer LOL. A B-cup hard to find??? Oh boy, I'm in trouble! LOL
Illysook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the single best piece of clothing that I brought with me to Korea was a black, cap-sleeved, lingerie weight t-shirt. It's long enough to tuck in to pants or a skirt and the neckline isn't prissy, but is modest enough for Korea. Sometimes I wear it alone, and much of the time, I wear it under something. The layered look works out nicely and I wish I had a few variations on that t-shirt. Long sleeves and some different colors would be nice.
MissLady717

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh ive been DREADING packing clothes for korea...

is it true that it's really that hard to find bigger sizes? im asian, so i don't think i'll get a lot of weird foreigner looks because of my race (i figure i can lie and say i'm half korean but cant speak it... lol)... but i may get weird looks because of my size...

im 5'4, size 7/8. bra size 36C.

im preparing to bring tons of bras, but is 7/8 that hard to find??? ugh i have to lose some weight... blaaaaaaah. and with bigger chests, is it harder to find shirts that fit too?
sugarkane59

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart/casual?
awong004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can wear almost the same things you wear at home. You just shouldn't wear things too low cut because I think that's considered scandalous.
marina_ballerina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Online Shopping? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I'm really excited to come to S. Korea, but I'm not really clear on what I'll be paying for online orders. Do you pay just shipping, or is there an extra customs fee? I'm trying to avoid buying a year's worth of Victoria's Secret now if I can avoid it Smile

Thanks in advance!
Marina
Linda868

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marina,

I would suggest ordering what you need:)

Good luck
cdmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: please update the packing list ! I am a 50+ yr large woman Reply with quote

I just got my acceptance letter, and I feel like it's not real. I've been teaching in the states. I know that at a size 16/18 I need to bring everything with me. Please can you help ??? I'd like a list of what to pack, as precise as possible, as soon as possible -, I may have less than a month.
Thank you !
OiGirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you been teaching in the States? What kind of school will you be teaching in in Korea?

As far as clothes, I would bring two weeks of outfits for teaching summer, two weeks for winter (you can get by with far less if you're in the country or a very traditional school), enough extra bras, panties, and stockings for a year, and your warm winter coats.
cdmir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: I 've been teaching in Orlando. FLorida - Mickey & Frien Reply with quote

I've had gifted middle school 6-8, reading 5-8, intensive math 7th and 5th - all subjects. Public and Charter school - lots of "poor" families - ie, no family time, no money for supplies, food, rent- but great clothes, cars, kids all have cell phones and expensive toys. As old as I am I usually get the hardest kids, my classroom management is very structured. Florida, HOT and humid, maybe a spring like day in the winter. I had just moved to a new school opening in Kissimmee and given up my tenure in Orlando. That meant I was first on the budget cut. There are jobs now, but I feel I need to take a break, education was so low on the states budget, it really hurts. 17 of us left that school - 8 have already left for international teaching (no one went to Korea) the others are no longer going to teach.
I usually wear pants suits, or long "old lady, teacher" looking dresses, pants and medical scrub tops. Sandals, and sneakers. I don't own a sweater or jacket :>)
I'm also concerned with what gifts, books, etc to bring. What about contact lenses ??
My position - GEPIK in Pocheon City, JeongGyo Elementary School
Help !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: