Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jack's Recruiter Run-Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Into Korea really good? I would like to try them. Thanks Jack for the listings. I should have read this first before applying with FootPrints that gave me nothing but headaces.
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Thanks is a bipolar headcase moron.

It's true.

HTH
Raina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to learn more about my non-recruiter options. What is the best way to find job offers directly from a reputable school? Will these schools hire you if you are not currently in Korea? I specifically want to work in Seoul and think my best option may be to pay my own airfare and do the job search on foot. What should I expect to find if I take this route? I'm hoping for a better paying job (1.9 sounds like the going rate with recruiters) where I can actually meet my boss and see my accomodations before signing a contract. I guess I will still need a visa run. Is it worth it all, or should I secure a job beforehand to be on the safe side? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
jennbear73

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Old Post ?? Reply with quote

Hey,

Anyone want to put an update to this post, since its over a year old. Anything can happen over a year...Who knows if Eoin is still at KorJob?

Something like this is extremely useful if anyone wants to update it.

Thanks...

Jenn
thewhat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: AVOID HELLO EWHA AND ORANGE RECRUIT Reply with quote

Ripp off

Liars

3 before me, I found out too late. Evil or Very Mad
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: AVOID HELLO EWHA AND ORANGE RECRUIT Reply with quote

thewhat wrote:
Ripp off

Liars

3 before me, I found out too late. Evil or Very Mad

With your incorrect spelling, unfamiliarity with punctuation, and a closing sentence that is vague and incomprehensible, dare I say that you deserve to be taken advantage of?

Sparkles*_*
thewhat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid Hello Ewha Hagwon, especially in Pyongtaek city

they lie, cheat and steal.

unless you want to be ripped off.
trish91198

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with Park English and have nothing but positive things to say about them. I don't leave for Korea until February, but they have been nothing but professional in helping me obtain a job. Has anyone else used them? What was your experience??
kinerry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of these companies have websites???
the_beaver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinerry wrote:
Do any of these companies have websites???

http://www.morganrecruiters.com/

http://www.eslteacherrecruiter.com/

http://www.opportunitykorea.com/

http://www.teachsouthkorea.com/

http://www.kmbrecruit.com/

http://www.jjee.co.kr/

http://www.seoulesl.com/

http://www.peoplerecruit.com/
okayden223

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASKNOW is a great recruiter....I recommend them fully. The owners are Canadians who live in Korea permanently and they are as helpful as you can imagine. Really great people.
okayden223

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one I'd recommend is James Jeong at ESL411 ([email protected])
He helped two friends of mine find a great job and he even arranged a tour for my buddy's mom and step-dad when they came to visit. Good guy.

Last edited by okayden223 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
VFRinterceptor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: kelly [email protected] Reply with quote

I have been trying to switch schools in the past few weeks and have tried contacting the recruiter, "Kelly" at RBI ( [email protected] ) but I guess she's not interested in helping people already here and looking to switch schools. I've tried calling a few times and am greeted on the phone by someone who keeps telling me that she is "busy on the phone". This has happened the past 2 days. The last time I spoke with the person on the phone I asked if I should just go with another recruiter. I was given some sort of weak apology and a promise that she would call...which I am definitely not expecting.
Anyway, I notice that this girl likes to post jobs on here, so if you are thinking about working with her, consider the other choices out there.

If she is too busy to talk to a teacher looking to switch schools, imagine how 'busy' she'll become when you contact her about contractual discrepancies or false advertising...

Buyer beware.
CPJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Kelly for several years and she's great at helping out people that she's recruited if they require. Ask about RBI in Busan and most people will say that they are one of the best in town.

Maybe you need to look at yourself and figure out what the problem is. If any recruiter doesn't want to talk to you, it's their polite way of saying that they can't place you. Maybe you are a bad applicant? Maybe you're schools says you're a horrible teacher? Whatever the case, she obviously felt that she couldn't or wouldn't want to place you at a school.

Maybe she should have told you this? Maybe she didn't want to deal with someone like you?

Considering that there are hundreds of recruiters you could talk to, it's funny how you make a big deal because one ignored you.

As for my experience with recruiters in Busan, I will say that the 2 best are RBI and Su at esljob. They've always given me lots of job offers when I've applied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: