Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drug Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salamander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Drug Test Reply with quote

The drug test is going to be the death of me. I was just told by SAM hospital in Anyang that I have to stop taking the prescribed pills my doctor gave me for my throat as well as the mild painkillers for my lower back. They basically told to stop taking medicine for the next week, to suck it up. Pain is good. One week without medication!? It�s only been two days and my throat is swelling up again. I�m also not allowed to take any Chinese medicine. They say the drug test is very sensitive. Koreans are too anal about western medicine�too anal about a lot of things. It�s a side effect to having their head up their arse for the past four-thousand years. It�s just another another week in the Hermit Kingdom. It�s just like a Korean to think you�re a drug fiend if you take Tylenol regularly. Drinking soju/beer and chain-smoking cigarettes every night of the week is acceptable behaviour though, the status quo in my neck of the woods. PS Do Koreans issue E-2 visas posthumously.
Hunnie705

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds ridiculous. Try another hospital perhaps?
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Drug Test Reply with quote

Salamander wrote:
PS Do Koreans issue E-2 visas posthumously.

Only if you said you like kimchi. Laughing
sojourner1

Location: Where meggi swim and 2 wheeled tractors go sput put chug alugg pug pug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, rediculous. I met several people in 2008 who had many issues with their asthma meds. Yes ashthma meds. LOL I'm not laughing at said FT's inconvenient problems; I'm laughing at Koreas ineptitude. Korea is daft. Darn, it's too bad it has to be that way.

Koreans are anal about western meds as they're the weakest formula. Try plain old Ibuprofen for pain. While it worked in every other country you bough it in, it doesn't work in Korea while it works wonders again when you find American ibuprofin. Korea's drug policies are very strict.
Bibbitybop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard and experienced good things about Severance Hospital's International Clinic in Sinchon, Seoul. Being trained under western practices, they understand western meds, drug tests, false positives and the BS foreigners face at Korean clinics.
TheChickenLover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojourner1 wrote:
Yea, rediculous. I met several people in 2008 who had many issues with their asthma meds. Yes ashthma meds. LOL I'm not laughing at said FT's inconvenient problems; I'm laughing at Koreas ineptitude. Korea is daft. Darn, it's too bad it has to be that way.

Koreans are anal about western meds as they're the weakest formula. Try plain old Ibuprofen for pain. While it worked in every other country you bough it in, it doesn't work in Korea while it works wonders again when you find American ibuprofin. Korea's drug policies are very strict.

I take Seretide & Ventolin for asthma, no problems at all with my drug screen.

Chicken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: